New Edgenuity tool is designed to be flexible to meet varied educational needs
Edgenuity, a provider of online and blended learning solutions, has launched a new course customization tool that gives educators an enhanced ability to customize the learning experience to drive even better academic outcomes.
By providing educators with the flexibility to remove, add and reorder their course content, any student using Edgenuity for blended learning, credit recovery or initial credit can receive an individualized learning path.
“Each student is different and has unique strengths and areas for growth,” said Sari Factor, CEO of Edgenuity. “Our new Course Customization capability allows educators to tailor Edgenuity’s award-winning curriculum to meet the needs of a district, school, class or individual learner. We are excited to empower educators with the ability to deliver more effective and personalized instruction.”
Edgenuity’s Course Customization allows educators to individualize learning through the following features.
- Remove Content: Make courses shorter and more targeted to address the specific needs of students recovering credits or units.
- Add Lessons: Refresh prerequisite skills and background knowledge by adding lessons from one Edgenuity course to any other Edgenuity course; or create completely new courses by combining content from multiple Edgenuity courses.
- Reorder Content and Rename Units of Study: Align the course to match a district pacing plan.
- Author and Add Original Content: Replace or add to Edgenuity lessons with original content that is geared to the unique interests or developmental needs of students.
“Edgenuity’s new Course Customization tool allows me to personalize learning for my students based on their individual needs and interests,” said Frank Fenn, Social Studies Teacher at Impact Academy (Henry County, GA), who has been using the Course Customization tool since July 2015. “To supplement student learning I can add my own content, link to other websites, re-arrange the content, and more. By adding lessons and activities from other courses, I can also create a course that is based on our state’s performance standards. This tool truly enables me to drive heightened student mastery.”
To learn more about Edgenuity’s Course Customization tool, click here.
- Workforce training, upskilling in demand among younger adults - March 17, 2023
- 3 opportunities for your institution to better serve students - March 16, 2023
- Biggest barrier to skill development is cost, survey finds - March 15, 2023