What information do we collect?
What does eCampus News do with the information it gathers and tracks?
With whom does eCampus News share the information it gathers and tracks?
Blogs and RSS feeds
Opting-Out, Corrections and Cancellations
Additional Information Or to Report a Problem
At eCampus News Online we collect different types of information about our users for two main reasons:
1. To help us improve the services we offer.
2. To provide personalized services unique to individual users.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarized in one sentence: We will not share your information with others without your prior consent. To uphold these principles, eCampus News Online has established the following four principles:
1. We will continue to invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the latest security technology.
2. We will respect your eMail privacy. You will not receive unsolicited mail from eCampus News Online and/or from third parties screened by eCampus News Online unless you have agreed to this. We will, however, mail you occasionally with information about your registration and/or your subscription account.
3. We will not pass on any individual user details (including your eMail address) unless we have your prior consent.
4. Otherwise, we will only share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales, and traffic patterns with our advertisers.
What information do we collect?
eCampus News Online has adopted a set of information management guidelines that serve as the basis for our customer and advertiser relationships. These guidelines have been developed with the recognition that internet technologies are rapidly evolving and that underlying business models are still not established. Accordingly, guidelines are subject to change. Any such changes will be posted on this page.
eCampus News Online is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of web sites to which it might link.
For certain optional services, eCampus News Online requires that you supply a unique subscriber ID, eMail address, and demographic information, such as title and school district.
- Registration/Subscriptions: For customers’ convenience, eCampus News Online makes it possible to subscribe via credit card to the eCampus News Online family of publications and register for various conferences sponsored by eCampus News.
- Surveys: On occasion, eCampus News Online also collects additional personal information in connection with optional contests, surveys, or special offers.
- IP Addresses:eCampus News Online logs IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
What does eCampus News do with the information it gathers/tracks?
Statistical Analysis and Banner Advertising:eCampus News Online may perform statistical analyses of user behavior in order to measure interest in the various areas of our site (for product development purposes) and to inform advertisers as to how many consumers have seen or “clicked” their advertising banners. All information is used in aggregate form and no personal information is tied to individual users.
eMail: Using the eMail addresses provided at registration, eCampus News Online periodically sends promotional eMail to its subscribers about services offered by eCampus News Online and its advertisers. eCampus News Online may contact you regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement, and to confirm registration. To manage your eCampus News Online eMail profile, please go to our eMail management page).
Data Security: To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, eCampus News Online has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information it collects online. These security measures are reviewed and updated as necessary to provide a secure data environment.
With whom does eCampus News Online share the information it gathers and tracks?
eCampus News Online uses the information it gathers to promote special pricing and discount offers for our newspaper, newsletters, directories, and conferences. The information gathered may also be shared with advertisers and other partners. eCampus News Online will provide registered users with all personal information collected at the time of registration upon request. This information will be sent only to the eMail address on file for the unique subscriber ID associated with it.
During the registration process, new users may select to register for various eMail publications. If you select this option, eCampus News Online will use the information collected on the registration form to send targeted eMails to you on behalf of advertisers. eCampus News Online subscribers may opt-out of this service at any time.
Blogs and RSS feeds:
eCampus News Online offers optional resources for communications. Any information you disclose when posting a message in these tools becomes public. Moreover, subscribers who post a message in our communications make their eMail address available to others through a feature of our communications software, which could result in unsolicited eMail from other subscribers or parties.
No section of eCampus News Online is directed at children 12 and under. We collect no personally identifiable information from visitors known to be children.
Opting-Out, Corrections, and Cancellations:
Upon request, eCampus News Online will a) Remove you and your personal information from our database, thereby canceling your registration; b) Correct personal information that you state is erroneous; or c) Permit you to “opt out” of further eMail contact (excepting notification of major changes to the service) while still allowing access to the site. To request a correction or cancellation, contact Customer Service. To manage your eCampus News Online eMail profile, please go to our eMail management page.
Additional Information Or to Report a Problem:
Please eMail Nancy David, or call directly at 1-301-913-0115 ext 110.
Attention: Nancy David
7920 Norfolk Ave., Suite 900
Bethesda, MD 20814