Universities now have a shiny, new campus publishing platform

Next-level resource brings to life campus blogs, newspaper and a variety of websites

campus-press-publishingEdublogs, one of the most popular WordPress-based blogging resources for K-12, has just announced Campus Press, an entirely different online platform designed specifically for colleges and universities.

When Edublogs began almost ten years ago, its primary mission was to provide a safe, easy-to-use and professional blogging resource to K-12 classrooms.

Now, Campus Press, the next evolution of Edublogs, builds on existing services, using the WordPress platform, to bring higher-ed web publishing into the 21st Century.

Campus Press officially becomes the first fully managed WordPress hosting provider that specializes solely in WordPress Multisite.

(Next page: Campus Press’ functionality)

Services provided by Campus Press include platforms for newspaper sites, school websites, department sites, student organization sites, alumni magazines, learning communities, and much more.

“The changes and improvements we’re adding with Campus Press will make it easier to create and manage sites like these,” explained Ronnie Burt, director of sales and operations for EduBlogs. “This includes huge investments in infrastructure to improve speeds and reliability, new tools for development environments, streamlined on-boarding, better change and custom development management, and we’ll continue to add new plugins and themes that cater to all types of sites.”

What you need to know

With over three million sites hosted, over five million users, and over one hundred million pageviews a month, EduBlogs has to be doing something right.

Some of the perks of Campus Press include:

• Unlimited storage, bandwidth and traffic
  • School branding colors and logos
  • Full privacy and accesses control
  • Content filtering and moderation
  • Over 200 beautiful themes to choose from, or add your own
  • Over 50 tested secure and updates WordPress plugins
  • Share videos, photos, files and podcasts
  • Native apps for iOS and Android
  • Integrates stats and analytics
  • Class and student management tools
  • Custom domain mapping
  • Batch add sites and users
  • So much more

So far, Campus Press is being used for:

• Academic blogs
  • ePortfolios
  • Magazines
  • Student newspapers
  • Faculty sites
  • Research publications
  • Admissions
  • Study abroad blogs
  • Marketing
  • Student groups
  • Web courses

“Campus Press is the highest value piece in our website arsenal by far, and that includes social media,” said Scott Floyd, director of instructional technology at White Oak ISD.”

A sentiment also expressed by Grant Overstake, director of communications at Tabor College, as the support made it possible for him “to promote our small college as if we were a much larger institution.”

“What sets us apart from other hosting options is that we include a default group of plugins and themes that we support and maintain as well,” said Burt. “There’s no need to purchase additional plugins and theme subscriptions, or decide between which plugins to use.”

According to Burt, there are also no headaches with plugin conflicts or upgrades breaking a site, since Campus Press handles upgrades, caching, backups, user authentication, and end-user support.

Already, Campus Press is being used by the University of Denver, the Massachusetts College of Art and Design (MassArt), the University of Oregon, San Jose University, St. Edwards’s University Austin, UMass Boston, Stanford University, Cornell University, and many other higher-ed insitutions.

For a free 30-day trial, click here.

Sign up for our newsletter

Newsletter: Innovations in K12 Education
By submitting your information, you agree to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Sign up for our newsletter