Ridgeway, Ontario – July 29, 2014 – As higher education faculty and students rely more heavily on mobile devices for academic work, Chalk & Wire announced today the latest enhancements of its higher education assessment platform including full-scale mobile device optimization.
Chalk & Wire users, including those logging in via one of Chalk & Wire’s Learning Management System (LMS) partners, can now work on their accreditation reporting, assessments, ePortfolio, fieldwork and performance analysis from any mobile platform.
Additionally, CoreValidity™ methods, which help institutions design sound and systematic assessment platforms, are now built directly into the software. This helps further drive alignment between faculty and leadership through a unified assessment language and raises inter-rater reliability of assessors earlier in the process.
“This latest release takes the key aspects of CoreValidity™ and embeds them into the heart of the Chalk & Wire software suite, helping institutions demonstrate student learning as a specific result of instruction,” said Geoff Irvine, CEO of Chalk & Wire. “Our assessment platform harnesses and adapts any learning outcome and automatically and transparently drives it down to the already planned evaluation of student competency. This helps to organically promote a common assessment language across campus for increased reliability and consistency.”
Other features include:
· A new rubric development tool to help automatically set up the basis for valid rubrics across campus/departments;
· Improvements to LMS integration that make it easier for faculty to collect both competency assessments as well as grades for an assignment at the same time;
· Natural workflows with simplified drag and drop additions for users building ePortfolios on small screens;
· Cloud storage access for Apple devices so that users can get to their synchronized files from anywhere;
· Enhanced support efforts with an advanced Help Overlay system;
· Unique enterprise interoperability with new support by both Banner™ and PeopleSoft™; and
· Assurance of ADA compliance.
Chalk & Wire offers higher education institutions a comprehensive, campus-wide platform that includes ePortfolios, forms & surveys, assessment processes, analytics & live reporting and accreditation management.
For more, visit www.chalkandwire.com.
About Chalk & Wire
With a market-changing, research-based approach to higher education assessment, Chalk & Wire has helped institutions demonstrate student competency and improve the evaluation of learning outcomes for nearly 20 years. To increase the validity of assessment data, Chalk & Wire’s market-leading assessment platform is built on its CoreValidity™ process, which drives alignment between faculty and leadership through a unified assessment language and raises inter-rater reliability earlier in the process. Chalk & Wire takes a consultative approach to helping institutions prove their value and efficacy as well as their ability to prepare students for their post-graduate pursuits. For more, visit www.chalkandwire.com.
# # #