ASU’s ShapingEDU, a global community of changemakers shaping the future of learning in the digital age, recently announced its first-ever Winter Games, a digital immersion experience taking place January 5-7, 2021. The Games will include a breadth of activities designed to surface the best in emerging approaches to design what comes next for smart campuses, cities and education — as well as life during and after the pandemic. Registration is now open and free for all.
From the creators of Learning(Hu)Man, which brought together over 2,100 participants from around the world in July 2020 to advance emergent strategies learner success, comes a new set of games that invites students, faculty, education leaders, technologists and business leaders to participate in a series of interactive keynotes, breakouts and hackathons.
“Taking the best from Learning(Hu)Man, Winter Games is going to be a truly immersive digital experience that fuses together learning futures and smart region design to explore what comes next in education, in smart technologies and in our world,” said Lev Gonick, ASU’s Chief Information Officer. “ShapingEDU brings together a community of dreamers, doers and drivers that are ready to not only create a vision for the future, but are willing to be change agents and lead the work required to turn these visions into a reality.”
Over the course of three days, participants will begin each day at an opening plenary, followed by a set of concurrent breakout sessions and hackathons. Using a session design that encourages group discussion, co-creating among peers and the exploration of new ideas, all of the activities will center around one of the tracks outlined below:
- Cross-Countries Smart Skiing dives into the spaces and places around the world that are being equipped with internet of things-enabled technologies to collect data and inform smarter practices, encouraging participants to explore how to make smarter campuses, cities, regions, and a smarter world together. This is the official track of the 3rd Annual Smart Region Summit, in partnership with The Connective,
- Freestyling Over the Horizon will lead value-led discussions and working sessions to explore and further vision for the future to address the core question: Where do we go from here?
- Bobsleighing Tech Fears encourages participants to break through barriers together by leading meaning discussions to begin to answer the question: what’s new in technology and how is it being used in innovative ways to create new opportunities and solve challenges? Explore what’s needed to successfully navigate the next normal we’re creating.
At the end of each day, participants are invited to a closing plenary at the ski lodge, followed by an evening social activity, which could range from a concert series, improv performance, slam poetry and more. A full agenda is coming soon with all the details.
Winter Games marks the closing of ASU’s Innovation Quarter, a four-week series of events and activities that explore new ideas, build connections and develop valuable professional development skills for the ASU community and beyond.
Registration is now open — save your spot at the 2021 Winter Games and help design the future learning and smart region design.
About ASU ShapingEDU
ShapingEDU is a community of dreamers, doers and drivers shaping the future of learning in the digital age. As value-led changemakers, we envision positive learning futures and undertake concrete action to bring about those futures, together. ShapingEDU is part of the University Technology Office at Arizona State University. For more information, head over to the ASU ShapingEDU website and follow us on Twitter.
- CAE and Texas A&M University’s Business School Announce Partnership To Improve Student Outcomes - September 20, 2021
- LaptopsAnytime Patron Video Highlights - July 28, 2021
- University of Oklahoma Improves Student Experience with Transact Mobile Credential - June 16, 2021