Date: Wednesday, November 18th
Time: 1:00 pm EST / 10:00 am PST
About the Event
Every student deserves hands-on experience with the same tools and technologies they’ll encounter in their careers. As an educator, you recognize the need to update your curriculum accordingly, but you might still be wondering where to begin.
Don’t worry. The innovative leaders at Stratasys Education have already done half the work for you. They’ve just designed a 3D printing course to prepare students for current and emerging careers in growing high-demand fields of today and tomorrow.
Listen and learn from the experience of Wentworth Institute of Technology Assistant Professor Steve Chomyszak. He taught a “Special Topics” 3D printing course using the Stratasys curriculum, which combines in-depth lectures, class discussions and hands-on projects.
Watch now to learn how you can apply this exciting 3D printing technology to actual lesson plans and achieving course objectives.
- Overview of the 14-week project-based 3D printing curriculum
- How an interactive learning environment impacted and inspired WIT students
- How the WIT 3D printing lab went from crickets to buzzing
- How the curriculum measured up according to students
- Lessons learned and best practices for teaching the course
- Faculty impression of the course and future plans
Who should attend
- Technology education staff
- Design, engineering and architecture educators
- University administration
- High school instructors
- High school administrators
- School board members
- Education association members
Meet Your Speaker!
||Steve Chomyszak, Assistant Professor, Wentworth Institute of Technology
Steve received his bachelor’s degree in industrial design from Syracuse University, and his masters in general engineering from Stanford University. A skilled machinist, he even has his own 3D printer in his basement. Steve is now a member of the faculty of Wentworth Institute of Technology, where he divides his time between teaching and sharing his entrepreneurial experience.
|If you are unable to make the scheduled time, we encourage you to register anyway to receive the full archived recording following the live event.