The Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) started an initiative, “Empowering the 21st Century Superintendent,” which helps superintendents and district leadership teams build the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to become not only school leaders, but technology leaders.
As part of that initiative, CoSN developed five themes and action steps for technology leadership, which emerged from the organization’s in-depth conversations with superintendents across the nation:
- Strengthen district leadership and communications
- Raise the bar with 21st century skills
- Transform pedagogy with compelling learning environments
- Support professional development and communities of practice
- Create balanced assessments
See Chip Kimball, superintendent of the Lake Washington School District, Washington, discusses the importance of CoSN’s initiative.
View on eSN.TV
You can find other 21st century superintendent resources from CoSN here.