Oracle Rolls Out PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Self Service Mobile Functionality
Redwood Shores, Calif. – May 13, 2013
Students today expect immediate, personal, easy access to information they need when they need it—and on their mobile devices. Now, with Oracle’s mobile functionality and platform for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, higher education institutions can offer an even richer student experience, and they have a more powerful foundation on which to roll out more information and functionality to their end users.
• Oracle today announced new mobile enhancements to its PeopleSoft Campus Solutions suite that enable students to take action on and manage key processes through a secure smartphone application. The new features will allow institutions to brand, customize and extend the smartphone application to provide maximum value to students through their mobile devices.
• The PeopleSoft Campus Solutions mobile features are built on a flexible technology foundation using Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile. The framework enables colleges and universities to extend their mobile applications to include websites and other content they want students to access from their mobile devices. Oracle ADF Mobile also enables the use of security features already built into PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, as well as SMS or email delivery of information, such as final grades.
• Mobile enhancements available now allow students to use their mobile devices to enroll, add and drop classes; view class schedules, instructors and locations; access grades; receive notifications; search class schedules with filtering options; and monitor academic progress.
• The PeopleSoft Campus Solutions mobile enhancements were developed using Oracle’s Continuous Delivery Model, which enables higher education institutions to avoid disruptive major upgrades by delivering periodic application bundles that provide new functionality to meet immediate needs.
• Oracle plans additional mobile enhancements for release later this year, including enabling students to integrate calendars, view account balances and financial aid information, view faculty contact information, manage checklists and take action on notifications such as open class seats, access academic history and progress and plan class schedules.
• To learn more about the new PeopleSoft Campus Solutions mobile enhancements, join Oracle for the “PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Goes Mobile” webinar on Wednesday, May 22. The webinar will review the various enhancements that allow students to manage processes and access information and enable institutions to extend the mobile application to include other websites and content.
• “With Oracle’s new mobile functionalities for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, students will have immediate, personal and easy access to information when they need it—and wherever they are,” said Cole Clark, global vice president of education and research, Oracle. “Now, higher education institutions have a choice of mobile platforms and a flexible technology framework with Oracle’s Application Development Framework Mobile, which enables them to roll out more information and functionality, maximizing value for their end users.”
• Oracle in Higher Education
• Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
• Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile
• Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
• Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company’s best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #
Katie Barron Gail Repsher Emery
Oracle O’Keeffe & Company