You Be the Judge: Call for SIIA CODiE Awards Judges in Ed Tech Categories
Educators and Administrators Sought to Review Ed Tech Products for Industry Awards Program
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Sept. 13, 2012) – The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and information industries, announced its call for judges for the 2013 CODiE Awards in Education categories. For the past 27 years, the CODiE Awards have celebrated excellence in the education industry, and finalists and winners have later garnered market share in U.S. classrooms.
The Education Division is looking for educators and administrators to review 3-5 products each between mid-November and late January. To sign up to be a judge, visit http://www.siia.net/codies/2013/judging.asp.
“The educators are the real experts,” said Karen Billings, vice president of the Education Division at SIIA. “They know what other products are out there, and they have probably used a number of different products in their category, so they have the expertise. They are the best judge of what is going to work in the classroom, and that is a big part of what we mean when we say a product is the best.”
This year, there are 22 education categories, which include:
- Best Classroom Management Solution
- Best Corporate Learning/Workforce Development Solution
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Best Education Community Solution
- Best Education Game or Simulation
- Best Education Reference Solution
- Best Educational Use of a Mobile Device
- Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas
- Best K-12 Course or Learning Management Solution
- Best K-12 Enterprise Solution
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution
- Best Personalized Learning Solution
- Best Postsecondary Course or Learning Management Solution
- Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution
- Best Postsecondary Learning Solution
- Best Professional Learning Solution for Education
- Best Reading/English/ELL Instructional Solution
- Best Science/Health Instructional Solution
- Best Social Sciences Instructional Solution
- Best Solution for Specials Needs Students
- Best Student Assessment Solution
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
For more information on the CODiE Awards, visit http://www.siia.net/codies.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 500 leading software and information companies. The SIIA Education Division serves and represents more than 200 member companies that provide software, digital content and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities and critical market information. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.
• Laura Greenback, SIIA Communications, 410-533-1943, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lauren Rothering, C. Blohm & Associates, 608-216-7300 x23, email@example.com