Despite a dwindling budget, 81 percent of higher education cloud adopters participating in a recent survey said their institution will increase spending on cloud technologies in 2017.

The MeriTalk study, “Destination Cloud: The Federal and SLED Cloud Journey,” underwritten by NetApp and Avnet Government Solutions, reveals which route higher education institutions are taking to reach their cloud destination.

60 percent of higher-ed institutions are integrating cloud technologies into their IT strategies. Overall, 55 percent of cloud adopters are evaluating cloud solutions as part of their overall IT strategy, and the remaining 45 percent are evaluating cloud technologies for a...

Subscribe to Read More

Are You an Educator?

Get Free online access to all our
news and resources and get
eCampus News Today email newsletter

About the Author:

Laura Ascione

Laura Ascione is the Managing Editor, Content Services at eSchool Media. She is a graduate of the University of Maryland's prestigious Philip Merrill College of Journalism. When she isn't wrangling her two children, Laura enjoys running, photography, home improvement, and rooting for the Terps. Find Laura on Twitter: @eSN_Laura http://twitter.com/eSN_Laura