U.S. colleges and universities are teaming up with AppArmor to create custom safety solutions
In an effort to increase campus safety, Red River College, UBC Okanagan, Georgian College, Centennial College, and the University of Florida in collaboration with AppArmor have released new custom mobile safety apps.
AppArmor custom safety apps provide all users with powerful safety features and resources for each individual institution. The safety app gives smartphone users instant access to their campus’ safety resources in order to help raise awareness of those services and improve emergency responses in a crisis.
“We’re very excited to see that institutions in Canada and the US are choosing our platform,” said David Sinkinson, Co-Founder of AppArmor. “We look forward to seeing these apps downloaded and used by students, faculty, and staff and playing a role in improving campus safety.”
The latest apps are listed below:
- Red River College – RRC Mobile Safety
- The University of British Columbia, Okanagan – UBC SAFE
- Georgian College – SAFE@Georgian
- Centennial College – Campus Safety Watch
- The University of Florida – GATOR SAFE
“I am very pleased to recommend AppArmor’s Mobile Safety Platform,” said David Clarke, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Red River College. “Their staff worked with us every step of the way to design exactly what we were looking for. Their professionalism and ongoing support have been second to none.”
AppArmor safety apps are customized to provide users with immediate access to many features including:
- Campus Police resources
- Unlimited mass notifications
- Real-Time Chat with dispatch
- Geolocation tracking features
- Interactive crime mapping
- Offline ready emergency plans
- Student support resources
Each institution’s safety app can be downloaded for free in the App Store, Google Play and Blackberry AppWorld (where applicable).
Any institutions interested in having a mobile safety app for their campus or organization are encouraged to contact AppArmor for a free, no obligation custom mobile safety app prototype.
Material from a press release was used in this report.
- 3 things that could make hybrid learning permanent - June 14, 2021
- 6 key trends impacting the future of higher education - May 26, 2021
- ProctorU ends use of software-driven online proctoring - May 24, 2021