EDUCAUSE, ORLANDO, FLA. and ORACLE OPENWORLD, SAN FRANCISCO – September 30, 2014
Three universities recently selected Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to modernize their student information systems. Illinois State University, the Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Cincinnati will use the PeopleSoft solution to improve administrative efficiency and enhance the student experience through the entire student lifecycle—from admissions through to graduation.
Oracle today announced that three universities—Illinois State University, the Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Cincinnati—have selected Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to modernize their student information systems and enhance the user experience for students, faculty, and staff. With the solution, the institutions will streamline data-driven processes like course registration, financial aid application, grade posting, and student advising. Oracle partners with higher education industry leaders around the world to deliver the most modern technology solution designed specifically for higher education, providing institutions with comprehensive and flexible functionality built on an extensible architecture.
Illinois State University
• Illinois State University (ISU), one of 12 public universities in Illinois, selected PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to improve the university’s academic information environment—including admissions, course registration, and financial aid.
• ISU will replace its mainframe legacy student system, which could no longer meet the needs of the growing university, with a single-source solution with new functionalities—including admissions application auto-evaluation, improved workflows for admissions and financial aid notifications, and near real-time degree requirement information for students—enabling students, faculty, and staff to easily transition to a more mobile work environment.
• ISU will work with Oracle Consulting to deploy PeopleSoft Campus Solutions via Oracle Managed Cloud Services to reduce implementation and ongoing maintenance costs, while freeing IT staff to work on strategic programs that deliver value to constituents.
• ISU will also use PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack to integrate PeopleSoft Campus Solutions with the university’s learning management system. In addition, ISU will work with Oracle University and use Oracle User Productivity Kit to roll out the solution to more than 1,100 users.
The Pennsylvania State University
• The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State), one of the largest universities in the nation with more than 90,000 students, selected PeopleSoft Campus Solutions—running on Oracle WebLogic Suite and Oracle Database with Oracle Real Application Clusters—to replace its aging infrastructure, enable integration and flexibility across its 23 campuses, and eliminate ancillary business systems.
• The university will also deploy Oracle Student Information Analytics to provide a reporting repository for student grades, performance, advising, and financial aid data.
• With PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Penn State will improve service to students, faculty, and staff—including enhanced student admissions and registration, as well as simplified advising and financial aid. The university also plans to expand mobile self-service capabilities. The underpinning Oracle technology foundation will help Penn State make its architecture faster, more secure, and easier to integrate and maintain.
• While the university will deploy a single instance, the software will provide the flexibility to enable each campus to maintain its unique processes.
• Penn State plans to begin the deployment in June 2015 with admissions and continue to roll out features through 2016 to follow the stages of the student lifecycle. The university will work with Sierra-Cedar on the implementation.
University of Cincinnati
• University of Cincinnati (UC), a public research university with more than 43,600 students, will replace its mainframe legacy system with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions to improve communication among students, faculty, and staff; support campus engagement and student retention; and better compete with peer institutions.
• UC also selected a wide range of supporting Oracle solutions, including PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack, Oracle Student Information Analytics, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Service Cloud, and Oracle Marketing Cloud.
• With the full Oracle solution in place, the university expects to improve long-term strategic planning with accurate, readily available data.
• UC began the implementation in March 2014 and is working with Sierra-Cedar on the project, which is expected to conclude in 2016.
• “Deploying PeopleSoft Campus Solutions via Oracle Managed Cloud Services will simplify our IT environment while providing enhanced services to our students, faculty, and staff,” said Nancy Neild, director of enterprise architecture, Illinois State University.
• “Once it is deployed, we will have one of the largest instances of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions in the country. We are looking forward to taking advantage of the software—and the underpinning Oracle technology—to integrate our services and streamline business processes across our 23 campuses,” said Michael Büsges, enterprise project director, The Pennsylvania State University. “We appreciate Oracle’s continued investment in enhancing PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.”
• “Higher education institutions face myriad challenges today—from improving their competitive advantage and recruiting results to enhancing the student experience and driving student performance and retention. We are pleased to work with Illinois State University, Penn State, and the University of Cincinnati as they roll out a wide range of Oracle solutions to help them address these challenges and improve the user experience for all constituents,” said Cole Clark, global vice president of education and research, Oracle.
• Oracle in Higher Education
• Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
• Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
• Oracle Higher Education on Twitter
• Oracle Higher Education on LinkedIn
• Oracle Higher Education on YouTube
• Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 450 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions—all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information; to register; or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions, and more, visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook, and the Oracle OpenWorld blog.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #
O’Keeffe & Company