Classes were scheduled to proceed as usual Tuesday morning at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, as the search continued for a gunman who ran toward the campus after a holdup overnight, the Associated Press reports. Instructions for students to remain in secure locations that had been issued after the holdup shortly before midnight Monday were lifted at 5 a.m. Tuesday, school spokeswoman Dana Fischetti said. The suspect in the robbery of four people at a nearby fast food restaurant was still at large early Tuesday, but extra police officers were on campus as the search continued, Fischetti said....

Subscribe to Read More

Are You an Educator?

Get Free online access to all our
news and resources and get
eCampus News Today email newsletter

About the Author:

eCampus News staff and wire reports