FORT WORTH, Texas – In a new milestone that reflects the urgency to improve college students’ physical and mental health, TimelyMD – the leading virtual health and well-being solution in higher education – now cares for more than one million students nationwide.
“We are grateful for the campus leaders who trust us to provide equitable, on-demand medical care, mental health counseling and basic needs services to their students,” said Luke Hejl, TimelyMD CEO and co-founder. “It’s been two years since telehealth adoption became a norm in higher education, and the demand has never been greater. At TimelyMD, we won’t stop until we realize our vision to help all students be well and thrive.”
As colleges and university leaders seek solutions that improve student well-being, engagement and retention, they turn to TimelyMD more than anyone else for a best-in-class 24/7 virtual extension of campus health and counseling center resources with licensed providers in all 50 states.
Founded in 2017, TimelyMD’s significant growth continues with 45 new partnerships already signed this year, including Carnegie Mellon University, Foothill-De Anza Community College District, James Madison University, Montgomery County Community College, Northwestern University, Pepperdine University, Seattle University, Stony Brook University, University of Chicago, University of San Diego, Virginia Commonwealth University and Virginia Tech.
One of the reasons TimelyMD has experienced such growth is because its proprietary TimelyCare platform allows colleges and universities to implement an unparalleled hybrid model of care in collaboration with on-campus resources at no cost to students. By increasing convenience, staff capacity, and provider diversity and eliminating barriers such as insurance, co-pays, and long wait times, TimelyMD delivers peace of mind as well as positive clinical outcomes.
Impact by the numbers:
- 200+ campus partners across the country.
- 1 in 10 U.S.community college students have access to TimelyCare.
- 10 of the top 25 national universities partner with TimelyMD (U.S. News & World Report).
- All students who presented as a potential suicide risk (19% of TalkNow and 12% of scheduled counseling) have had positive outcomes thus far.
- 80% of TimelyCare visits year-to-date have been for mental health (compared to 10% pre-pandemic).
- 60% of students who sought mental health support through TimelyCare said they would have done nothing if the service were not available.
- 60% of TimelyMD mental health providers identify as BIPOC, just one of many dimensions of TimelyCare’s diverse provider network, which also includes professionals who identify as LGBTQIA+, speak multiple languages and/or have various religious and spiritual beliefs.
- 5-10 minutes is the average wait time for TalkNow, TimelyCare’s on-demand mental health services – less than the amount of time to walk across most campuses.
- 40% of all TimelyCare mental health visits occur after-hours and on weekends, underscoring the need for 24/7 access.
“Whether we’re treating one student or one million students, the need for 24/7 access to high-quality care has never been more important or a higher priority,” said Dr. Bob Booth, Chief Care Officer at TimelyMD. “Through the combination of equitable access to care, best-in-class clinical providers, and preventative self-care strategies, TimelyMD is changing the culture of the sick-care into a model of virtual health care that has a lasting impact, one student at a time.”
TimelyMD is the leading virtual health and well-being solution for higher education. Its mission is to improve the well-being of college students by making virtual medical and mental health care accessible anytime, anywhere. TimelyMD’s virtual care platform, TimelyCare, includes a range of services, including mental health counseling, on-demand emotional support, medical care, psychiatric care, health coaching, basic needs assistance, faculty and staff guidance, and digital self-care content. Visit timely.md to learn how TimelyMD is inspiring the digital transformation of campus health and the future of student care.
- 8 HBCUs Receive Funding to Explore Innovative Partnerships on Improving Mental Health among College Students of Color - June 23, 2022
- Element451 Addresses Growing Role of AI to Personalize Higher Ed Student Journeys with Release of New Insights Paper - June 23, 2022
- TimelyMD Trusted to Care for More than One Million College Students - June 23, 2022