4. Adaptability: An adaptable mind is an essential tool for navigating today’s ever-changing world, as yesterday’s solutions won’t solve tomorrow’s problems.
5. Time Management: A timeless skill, mastering time management today will serve employees for the rest of their careers.
Though soft skills are in high demand, hard skills are still important, and LinkedIn researchers also ranked the most important hard skills for 2019–here are the top 5:
1. Cloud Computing: As the world rushes toward the cloud, companies are desperately searching for engineers who have the skills to accommodate this demand.
2. Artificial Intelligence: It’s official–the Age of AI is here.
3. Analytical Reasoning: As they collect more data than ever before, companies are hungry for professionals who can make smart decisions based off of it.
4. People Management: The world has changed from a “command-and-control” model toward leaders who can coach and empower, a difficult skill set few professionals possess.
5. UX Design: UX design is the key to making a digital world work for humans.
LinkedIn matched these skills with LinkedIn Learning courses that are free for the month of January.