Dx is a key theme EDUCAUSE is committed to exploring in 2019, but the annual conference this year provides a good jumping-off point. For those wondering how Dx will impact their professional roles today as well as tomorrow, “Digital Transformation and Changing Demographics,” with Ted Mitchell, president of the American Council on Education, and “Digital Transformation in Higher Ed: What It Means for You,” hosted by the EDUCAUSE Digital Transformation Task Force, are two critical sessions that will provide a taste of what’s to come.
The Dx shift is something all of higher education IT should be a part of, and several additional sessions will address workforce roles and how they should adapt:
- Evolving Academic Technology Organizations
- A Leader’s Framework for Higher Ed Innovation
- Technology in Higher Education: Shaping the Future Workforce
- Services for the Next-Generation IT Organization
- Preparing IT for the Next Generation Research Enterprise
- Sustainable Innovation + Faculty Choice + Student-Centered Design = NGDLE
EDUCAUSE 2018 is geared up for the emerging technologies that will be on display at the conference, but we’re also keeping a sharp eye on what’s coming over the horizon. Stay tuned!