Using predictive analytics tools, institutions can align programs and guidance based on a mash-up of data that’s extracted from the student information systems (SIS), CRM, career services and alumni systems, as well as massive amounts of real-time economic, demographic and employment data.
Many students today are seeking relevance from their degrees based on the quality of the experience while studying, as well as on the career opportunities that are available upon completion.
It is important that institutions provide a meaningful way to guide and inform students before they start their academic journeys and as they move to graduation. By integrating big data on job market analytics, SIS put relevant job market analytics into the hands of administrators, advisors and students that match the skills acquired to real-time, contextualized market demand.
Institutions can harness workforce and economic Big Data to improve:
- Skills Alignment – Institutions can align training and education with workforce needs.
- Program Demand – Anticipating workforce needs increases student demand for programs.
In the end, it’s all about making students’ lives and career prospects more certain once they step off of that stage, diploma in hand. Armed with Big Data, institutions, students, parents and prospective employers can feel more confident that academic success will translate into career success.
- Let’s write a new ending for the college dropout story - July 30, 2021
- How stackable credentials let students customize their learning - July 29, 2021
- Are you ready for a hybrid bookstore? - July 28, 2021