Americans looking to upskill online are focusing on hard skills they can use in the workplace, according to new data released by Alison. The list of the top 10 most popular courses on Alison, a free e-learning site, was dominated by Customer Service, IT, and workplace skills like time management.
Health and education related courses also claimed many of the top spots, including courses focusing on mental health, working with students with special needs and teaching English as a foreign language.
Olga Crehan, Course Publisher at Alison, said: “We’re bridging a gap between what people learn through their formal education, and what they need to know to be successful at work and in life. We know from learner feedback that these courses often mean the difference between getting that new promotion or job and not getting it.”
Headquartered in Ireland, Alison provides more than 750 online courses to almost 10 million learners worldwide, including more than one million users based in the US. The organization provides a wide range of free courses for people who want to upskill including languages, business and project management.
Colm O’Dwyer, Course Publisher, at Alison, said: “We’re constantly looking at which courses people are most hungry for, and we plan our future course content according to that. Over the next six months, our learners are going to see a dramatic upswing in the number of courses on offer.”
Top 10 most popular courses in the United States
1. Customer Service Training
2. HIV/AIDS – Awareness & Prevention
3. Working with Students with Special Education Needs
4. Alison ABC IT – Computer Training Suite
5. Fundamentals of Human Resources
6. Touch Typing Training
7. Fundamentals of Network Security
8. Introduction to Teaching English as a Second Language
9. Introduction to Time Management
10. Fundamentals of Accounting
Material from a press release was used in this report.
- Cambrian College Works With Honeywell to Continue its Campus Sustainability Efforts - October 15, 2021
- WGU Labs Invests in Developer of Digital Learning Tools and Support - September 20, 2021
- Higher Digital Launches New Technical Debt Assessment Tool - September 20, 2021