Sonic Foundry, Inc., provider of video creation and management solutions, announced Mediasite Catch, a video capture software solution that is scalable, reliable and economical for classrooms not equipped with extensive audio/video capabilities.
“Sonic Foundry’s heritage is steeped in harnessing the power of video to transform today’s classrooms. With Mediasite Catch, we expand our comprehensive set of video capture and creation tools with a software solution for classrooms with limited technology,” said Gary Weis, CEO, Sonic Foundry. “Along with our other video capture solutions, Mediasite Catch helps customers scale their video deployments campus-wide more quickly and affordably.”
Mediasite Catch expands automation to classrooms with little to no audio/video capabilities and complements the existing Mediasite suite of content capture solutions.
It can accommodate as many classrooms as needed, offering key features such as:
• Automatic Schedule-Driven Recording for Worry-Free Capture. Catch taps into existing scheduling features that faculty and staff are already accustomed to from Mediasite, ensuring they never miss a capture. Schedules can be pushed to Mediasite Catch, enabling recordings to start, stop and publish on time, and be sent to the right location
• Faculty-Friendly User Experience. Users are provided with a seamless, automated workflow that allows instructors to focus on their teaching. Confidence monitoring ensures that everything they share with their class is being recorded. Catch requires very little faculty or instructor engagement to deploy.
“Scheduling, ease of use and the ability to expand their lecture capture deployments are among the very top features we hear our educational clients asking for in their video solutions,” said Alan D. Greenberg, Senior Analyst & Partner, Wainhouse Research. “And they want to be able to do this without breaking the bank — meaning affordably. A simple-to-use, podium-based solution like Mediasite Catch is ideal for many classrooms and will allow campuses to scale their deployments and make lecture capture more ubiquitous.”
Sonic Foundry will be showcasing Mediasite Catch at EDUCAUSE on October 25-28, 2016, Booth #1713.
- College degrees don’t equate to career readiness - August 8, 2022
- 4 scenarios for the future of postsecondary data and analytics - August 4, 2022
- How to ensure your remote testing is humanized, yet secure - July 28, 2022