Partnership with Ultimaker and Coursera will offer a look at how 3D printing is impacting industries
3D printer manufacturer Ultimaker has partnered with the University of Illinois and Coursera to create a series of 3D printing courses that will be open to learners around the world.
Through four cohesive courses and a hands-on capstone, learners will be able to earn an online specialization from Coursera in 3D printing.
The courses include:
• An overview of 3D Printing and its revolutionary potential
• An examination of 3D Printing’s applications across a variety of industries
• An in-depth exploration of design software
• An investigation of how 3D printers are made and how they operate
“The University of Illinois and the Illinois MakerLab are delighted to be partnering with Ultimaker on this innovative new online program on 3D printing,” says Aric Rindfleisch, executive director of the Illinois MakerLab, the world’s first 3D printing lab in a business school. “Ultimaker is one of the world’s leading providers of desktop 3D printers. Thus, our learners will have the privilege of learning from not only leading academics but also leading practitioners in the 3D printing space.”
This educational collaboration is just one aspect of a new strategic partnership between Ultimaker and the University of Illinois. In addition to this Coursera initiative, Ultimaker also helped equip the Illinois MakerLab with 17 new Ultimaker 3D Printers. In recognition of this partnership, the Illinois MakerLab has introduced “Free Print Wednesdays,” sponsored by Ultimaker, to give their students the opportunity to experience 3D printing and bring their own ideas to life.
“Ultimaker’s vision is to make 3D printing accessible to all and has been reflected in our open source printers and community inspired collaborations,” says Siert Wijnia, CTO and founder of Ultimaker. “With Coursera and the Illinois MakerLab, we are helping to optimize 3D printing courses that are available to everyone interested in digital making with our hands-on knowledge of 3D printing.”
- 5 focus areas to improve the student experience - March 26, 2021
- How does your institution’s strategic planning measure up? - March 25, 2021
- 4 recommendations to improve adult learners’ experiences - March 24, 2021