EdCast’s EdCasting functionality launched with a diverse offering from many notable educators, national leaders, and tech industry gurus. Those leaders already EdCasting include (listed in alphabetical order):
- TJ Bliss, of the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, on the power of sharing online content.
- John Seely Brown, former Chief Scientist and Director of Xerox PARC, on motivating learners.
- Joi Ito, Director of MIT Media Labs, on the importance of being “antidisciplinary” in education.
- Mitch Kapor, founder of Lotus and startup investor, on the value proposition of college.
- Dr. William J. Perry, former U.S. Secretary of Defense and head of the Dr. William J. Perry Project, on the middle east arms race.
- Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University, on a wide range of global politics topics.
- Mark Surman, executive director of the Mozilla Foundation, on digital credentialing and open badges.
- Vivek Wadwha, of Duke and Singularity University, on technology disruptions with lasting value.
(For the full list, see the press release)
“EdCasting moves learning from the industrial age to the knowledge age with innovative, bite-size curated insights,” said Dr. William J. Perry, former Secretary of Defense of the United States & professor (emeritus) at Stanford University, in a statement. “EdCasting brings a new platform to influencers and educators and levels the playing field for a global audience eager to learn and share knowledge.”