Cloud-based LMS integrates social media, key features of online learning
WizIQ, an online education company, has introduced the WizIQ LMS—a learning management system (LMS) that the company notes is a fully integrated, cloud-based social learning platform.
“The WizIQ Learning Management System is the only fully-integrated, cloud-based social learning platform available in the industry right now,” Harman Singh, founder and CEO of WizIQ Learning Management System, said. “WizIQ’s LMS provides educators with a comprehensive, hassle-free platform aligned with the latest best practices in online learning, making it the next-generation of LMS.”
Colleges and universities, high schools, and training and tutoring centers can use the online learning platform to create and deliver self-paced, live online or blended courses—without the need for third-party plug-ins or added costs to support advanced features, noted the company, and aims to support any number of students with a flexible, SaaS-based pricing model.
The platform includes the following features:
· Course management – Create self-paced or live, interactive courses.
· Secure video streaming – Share HD-quality videos via the platform’s built-in video hosting and streaming feature, enabling learners to play video files seamlessly, just like YouTube, noted WizIQ.
· Content sharing – Teachers can create their own digital content library by uploading and sharing Microsoft Office files, PDFs, videos or anything available on the web.
· Single-click access to content – Learners can view content online with a single click, without the hassle of downloading files.
· “Advanced” assessment capabilities – According to the company, teachers can create advanced online tests via time-bound and scheduled tests, adding multiple sections and multiple-choice questions.
· Virtual Classroom for live sessions – Teachers can activate the WizIQ Virtual Classroom to create and deliver live courses, enabling them to engage with and teach students face-to-face.
· Social and peer-to-peer learning – Teachers can engage learners in social learning and increase their knowledge through collaborative learning and peer-to-peer discussions.
WizIQ provides ongoing updates to its LMS at no additional cost to customers, emphasizes the company. “We have two new programs coming soon: 1) mLearning, where learners can engage in discussions and live classes on mobile and can also access course files and videos on their devices using WizIQ’s mobile app; 2) Analytics, where instructors can view detailed student reports–including test scores, comparative score details, and attendance reports, etc. This provides instructors with insights to improve content and learners’ engagement,” Singh said.
The advanced analytics capabilities aim to provide insight on how to improve content and engagement through detailed student reports including test scores, comparative score details, and attendance reports. Since WizIQ LMS is cloud-based, these updates do not require additional installations, says the company.
Material from a press release was used in this report, written by Hayley Goodman, an intern at eCampus News.