23 New Mathematics Textbooks Added to WebAssign
Newly released editions span multiple mathematics disciplines and publishers
RALEIGH, N.C. — November 11, 2014 — WebAssign, a leading provider of online instructional tools for faculty and students, today announced the addition of twenty-three new titles now enhanced with WebAssign. This latest content offering represents partnerships with major publishers Cengage Learning, John Wiley & Sons, Worldwide Center of Math, W.H. Freeman, and OpenStax College. The majority of the new question content is supplemented with e-books and student support features such as tutorials and videos.
“As a benefit corporation dedicated to education, we are pleased to provide professors with a selection of more than 450 mathematics textbooks supported by WebAssign,” said Jennifer Ferralli, WebAssign mathematics product manager. “Through our strong relationship with publishers, teachers and students benefit from a content-rich and enhanced online learning environment that fully complements the classroom teaching experience.”
Sample assignments are now available for these newest titles, which span multiple mathematics disciplines such as prealgebra, calculus, and statistics. Featured titles from this new collection include:
· Mathematics: Journey from Basic Mathematics Through Intermediate Algebra, 1st edition by Richard N. Aufmann and Joanne S. Lockwood
· Mathematical Applications for the Management, Life, and Social Sciences, 11th edition by Ronald J. Harshbarger and James J. Reynolds
· Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers, 6th edition by Tom Bassarear
· Precalculus, 1st edition by OpenStax College
· Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus, 7th edition by James Stewart, Lothar Redlin, and Saleem Watson
· Calculus Early Transcendentals, 3rd edition by Jon Rogawski and Colin Adams
· Calculus: Early Transcendentals, 8th edition by James Stewart
· Elementary Differential Equations, 10th edition by William Boyce and Richard DiPrima
· Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences, 9th edition by Jay Devore
Visit WebAssign’s textbook collections webpage to view the complete list of new titles. Additionally, Jennifer Ferralli and other members of the WebAssign team will be showcasing this new textbook offering at the 40th AMATYC Annual Conference from November 13-16, 2014 in booth 104.
WebAssign is a flexible and fully customizable online instructional system that puts powerful tools in the hands of teachers, enabling them to deploy assignments, instantly assess individual student performance, and realize their teaching goals. More than eight million students have used WebAssign to submit over one billion answers to homework assignments, tests, and assessments.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, WebAssign is an independent, employee-owned benefit company dedicated to education technology. For more information, visit www.webassign.com.