Other fun facts:
Most Active “Posters”
- Facebook – Purdue University posts an average of 6 times per day—nearly 2,200 posts per year.
- Twitter – The University of Wisconsin tweets an average of 15 times per day. That’s 32,000 tweets since their account opened on August 1, 2008.
- Twitter launched June 15, 2006 (2,899 days ago). Since that time, the top 100 social media schools have generated 1,585 likes/follows per day.
Social Media Savvy Schools
- Most Talked About Schools: Texas A&M has been mentioned on Facebook nearly 39,000 time. Harvard University has been mentioned on Facebook nearly 24,000 times.
- Schools with the Most Profile Likes: With 3,270,949 Facebook Likes, Harvard has the most likes of any other college; Coming in with the second most likes is University of Phoenix with 1,836,181.
- In aggregate, the top 100 colleges have been active on Twitter for a total of 180,628 days, or 495 years, or 124 full presidential terms, or 110 round-trips walking to the moon.
- Google+ launched June 28, 2011 (1,060 days ago). Since that time, the top 100 social media schools have generated 2,174 followers per day.
Ron Bethke is an editorial intern at eCampus News.
For a larger view of the infographic, click here.