Epson Announces New Pro Z-Series Large Venue Projectors Including 10,000 Lumens, WUXGA Resolution and HDBaseT Connectivity
Nine New Projectors Deliver Higher Brightness, Higher Resolution and Cutting Edge Features for Virtually Any Large Venue Installations
LAS VEGAS (InfoComm, Booth #C7430) – June 18, 2014 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, refreshed its large venue PowerLite® Pro Z line, offering high resolution, more powerful performance features and advanced display capabilities for virtually any venue including corporate, house of worship, rental and staging, galleries, auditoriums, and digital signage. These nine new installation projectors deliver up to 11,000 lumens of color brightness and 11,000 lumens white brightness2, up to WUXGA resolution with native full HD 1080p support, HDBaseT connectivity, and portrait mode projection.
“With this new series of PowerLite Pro Z projectors, Epson truly provides installers and end-users with powerful large venue projectors that fulfill their high brightness, high resolution and advanced connectivity needs for almost any type of venue,” said Sean Gunduz, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Whether leveraging the integrated curved edge blending, portrait mode support or 360-degree installation for immersive experiences, the new short throw lens for tight spaces, or tapping into the latest connectivity options available with HDBaseT, HDMI, DVI, and 3G-SDI, the new Pro Z projectors offer something for almost every installation need.”
The new Epson PowerLite Pro Z-series projectors deliver a range of color brightness and white brightness, resolution and color options to meet a variety of installation needs:
[For complete specifications: http://news.epson.com/news/epson-announces-new-pro-z-series-large-venue-projectors-including-10-000-lumens-wuxga-resolution-and-hdbaset-connectivity]
Additional Features on the new PowerLite Pro Z-Series
Epson new large venue PowerLite Pro Z-series projectors deliver several advanced features and functionality for high-end custom installation scenarios, including:
– Immersive Projection Solutions: Integrated curved edge blending, portrait mode support and 360-degree installation to create wow-factor experiences
– New Lens Options: Offers seven lens options with lens shift, including a new 0.7 short throw lens, as well as short-, wide-, rear- and long-throw lenses designed with tool-free release for easy installation
– Flexible Connectivity: Delivers the latest connectivity options, including HDMI, DVI, 3G-SDI, and HDBaseT for carrying full HD video, audio, network, and control commands on a single CAT-5/6 cable
– New Mounting Frame: Optional frame design delivers easy installation for rental and staging applications, as well as a new stackable design for easy setup and installation with a professional and robust look
– Lamp Select/Relay: Offers the ability to run on a single lamp or to alternate between lamps to save energy and create redundancy
– Rear Status Monitor: Allows installers and maintenance crews to view the projector’s status and signal information for easy diagnosis and control
– Monitor and Control: Epson Easy Management® allows for network monitoring, maintenance scheduling, and email alerts to be sent via LAN; schedule function allows projector to run functions without the need to be connected to a network; also compatible with AMX®, Crestron® and Extron®
All Epson projectors feature the latest 3-chip 3LCD technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; Epson projectors offer three times brighter colors than leading competitive projectors3. This technology also provides an energy-efficient light engine which uses available lamp light to create stunning images, and in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. For more information, visit http://www.colorlightoutput.com.
Availability and Support
The new PowerLite Pro Z-series will be available through national resellers and direct on Epson.com. The projectors are also available through pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s projectors come with a three-year limited warranty that includes Road Service projector replacement program with projector exchange in one business day with paid shipping, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For additional information and features, visit www.epson.com/largevenue.
Epson is a global innovation leader dedicated to exceeding expectations with solutions for markets as diverse as the office, home, commerce, and industry. Epson’s lineup ranges from inkjet printers, printing systems and 3LCD projectors to industrial robots, smart glasses and sensing systems and is based on original compact, energy-saving and high-precision technologies.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 73,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.Epson.com.
You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
# # #
1 Based upon Q4 2013 worldwide front projection market share estimates from PMA Research.
2 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
3 Compared to leading 1-chip DLP business and education projectors based on NPD data, July 2011 through June 2012. Color brightness (color light output) measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4. Color brightness will vary depending on usage conditions
4 Data source: ProjectorCentral.com, Jan. 2014. Average of 1,243 shipping models for which the manufacturers provided lumens and total power data, all resolutions and brightness levels. Energy efficiency was measured as wattage per lumen. It was measured for both 3LCD and 1-chip projectors in each of six brightness segments. 3LCD projectors averaged less required electricity per lumen in each of the six segments.
Note: EPSON, PowerLite and Easy Management are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
- EDUCAUSE and University of Central Florida enable blended learning innovation - February 27, 2017
- Collabco launches personalized academic organizer - September 1, 2016
- Wayne State University targets retention and graduation rates - September 1, 2016