Test Drive the Latest in Integrated Planning and Advising Technology for Advisors, Counselors, Faculty, and Students
Gilbert, AZ – June 17, 2014— Unicon, Inc., a leading IT consulting, services, and support provider specializing in open source for the education technology market, today announced that it has upgraded its Test Drive Student Success Plan (SSP) environment to SSP 2.4. SSP, a project of the Apereo Foundation, is a holistic intervention coaching and counseling model with case management software, featuring a modern toolset for integrated planning and advising. Test Drive provides a practice environment for SSP that encourages users to test features while gaining hands-on experience.
“Test Drive SSP is a great tool in helping education professionals evaluate how SSP will improve student success at their institution,” said Russ Little, SSP Project Director. “Unicon has provided this test environment with the advisor, counselor, and student in mind.”
New to SSP 2.4 are the following features:
• Performance Improvements to Person Records
• Action Plan User Interface Redesign and Multiple Reminders
• My Academic Plan (MAP) Status Calculation
• MAP Plan Definition Includes Program and Catalog Year
• Early Alert Submission and Response Improvements
• Reset Journal Entry Form after Adding a New Entry
• SmarterMeasureTM Integration
• 167 Bugs Fixed
• Configurable Student Intake Fields
• Caseload Assignment Redesign
• Send Email when Student Coach Changes
• Add Permissions to Accommodation Report
• Add Outcome to Student Placement Scores
• Additional Financial Aid Data
• Edit Past MAP Plan Terms
• Service Group Added as Search Criteria
• Message Template Improvements
Test Drive allows institutions to explore the software from the point of view of an advisor, counselor, or student. As an advisor or counselor, users have access to a set of case management tools including a main dashboard for viewing student information from the SIS, and the ability to respond to Early Alerts initiated by faculty alerting on students considered at-risk. Other tools for advisors and counselors include Action Plan, Journal, and My Academic Plan (MAP). Advisors and counselors can create and review MAPs. As a student, users will have access to MyGPS. With MyGPS, students can work through a set of questions on their own that will then facilitate a meaningful conversation with the student’s advisor or counselor around their strengths, challenges, and academic goals. Students can manage their action items and view their MAP through MyGPS.
Unicon provides services and support for SSP 2.4. Services include: pre-implementation assessment, solution delivery (installation, technical configuration, and branding), systems integration (SIS, LMS, other), custom development, training, and hosting. Support is available through Unicon’s Open Source Support program.
For more information and to sign up for a free Test Drive account, visit: http://www.unicon.net/ssp_project.
Unicon, Inc. is a leading provider of IT consulting, services, and support for education technology and works with institutions and organizations to find solutions to meet business challenges. Unicon specializes in using open source technologies to deliver flexible and cost-effective systems in the areas of identity and access management, student success, mobile computing, learning management systems, portals, online video, calendaring, email, and collaboration. Unicon is a Commercial Affiliate of the Apereo Foundation; an InCommon Affiliate and Participant; an Industry Member of Internet2; an Affiliate Member of IMS Global Learning Consortium; an Advanced Consulting Partner in the Amazon Web Services Partner Network; an Organization Member of the Drupal Association; a Solution Partner of Kaltura; a Services Partner of Liferay; and a reseller of Zimbra. For more information, visit: www.unicon.net.
# # #
Unicon is a Registered Trademark of Unicon, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
- EDUCAUSE and University of Central Florida enable blended learning innovation - February 27, 2017
- Collabco launches personalized academic organizer - September 1, 2016
- Wayne State University targets retention and graduation rates - September 1, 2016