Ellucian Mobile Helps Institutions Customize and Advance Mobile Initiatives Faster and Easier
FAIRFAX, Va. – April 3, 2013 – Ellucian™ announced general availability of its second-generation mobile solution with out-of-the-box integration to the company’s three administrative solutions. The flexible, cost-effective, and easy-to-implement solution provides faculty, prospects, students, staff, and other constituents with access to key campus information and services from their mobile devices.
“Ellucian’s approach to mobile is a perfect fit for what we need,” said Linda Hilton, CIO at the Vermont State Colleges, a beta site for Ellucian Mobile. “The ability to deliver core transactions from our administrative system to mobile devices sets this solution apart. And the user interface is very slick. Users will love it.”
Ellucian Mobile’s native integration to Colleague® by Ellucian, Banner® by Ellucian, and PowerCampus™ by Ellucian minimizes configuration requirements. The integration enables institutions to deliver essential capabilities, like overdue account notifications and access to posted grades in a progressive, mobile-friendly design.
Ellucian Mobile includes the following key features:
• Multiple-entity support that enables institutions or consortiums to customize a single application for each campus or institution
• Full customization and branding control so institutions can brand and prioritize their mobile experience
• Real-time extensibility that enables institutions to include non-Ellucian services and mobile web apps
• Cloud configuration system designed to help institutions launch a customized and branded solution in hours, without deep technical experience
• Available in five languages, including US English, UK English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese
More than 70 Ellucian customers volunteered to test the software in an open beta program which began in December 2012 and provided feedback to help guide the direction of the solution. Eight customers comprised the key strategic beta group and were actively involved throughout the development process. The beta group covered all three of Ellucian’s administrative systems and represented the needs and environments of various types of institutions including community colleges, consortiums, 4-year private, and 4-year public institutions.
“Ellucian Mobile pulls together all the mobile capabilities that today’s higher education constituents demand into a single user experience,” said Mark Jones, chief product officer, Ellucian. “The solution provides institutions the tools to customize, brand, and extend their mobile environment to fit their unique needs. Only Ellucian can provide this level of out-of-the-box integration while enabling institutions to easily and quickly extend the mobile capabilities of their digital campuses.”
Ellucian Mobile illustrates the company’s commitment to deliver on its Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem vision, extending the power of the three Ellucian administrative systems, and providing institutions with more choices and control over the capabilities they make available to their constituents. Ellucian Mobile is currently available on the iOS and Android mobile platforms.
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit Ellucian at www.ellucian.com, follow Ellucian on Twitter (@EllucianInc), and like Ellucian on Facebook (/EllucianInc).
For More Information
Ellucian, Colleague, PowerCampus, Ellucian Go, and Banner are trademarks of Ellucian Company L.P. or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
- Ellucian Demos Institutional Performance Management at EDUCAUSE; New Solution Uses Key Performance Data to Unify Action Toward Institutional Goals - October 17, 2013
- San Jacinto College Engages Ellucian to Leverage Existing Technology Investments and Improve ROI - May 29, 2013
- Banner by Ellucian Achieves Oracle Exadata Optimized Status - April 9, 2013