The Winter ’13 release of TargetX’s Enterprise CRM features more powerful and effective email broadcasting and event management tools
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. — Higher Education company TargetX has announced the latest version of its CRM tool for college admissions, student retention and advancement offices. The Winter ’13 release of Enterprise CRM coincides with the newest advances to the Force.com platform on which TargetX’s cloud-based customer relationship management system is built.
TargetX offers both technology tools and consulting services to help colleges build relationships with their most important constituencies, including prospective students, current students, alumni and potential donors. Its flagship product is a CRM that was the first system built expressly for higher education on the development platform of Salesforce.com, the worldwide leader in CRM and a pioneer in cloud computing.
Among the newest enhancements to the Enterprise CRM are upgraded email broadcasting and event management tools. “Colleges should always expect continual innovation from their vendors,” said CEO Brian Wm. Niles, “even with highly successful products like our email and event managers. With Salesforce and TargetX working together, colleges can be confident of continual innovation.”
Salesforce releases a new version of its platform and CRM application three times a year, providing users with seamless, instant upgrades. TargetX is able to pass along those enhancements to its clients, along with improvements that result from its own developers, who recently completed work on CRM Email 3.0 and CRM Event Manager 4.0.
The email broadcast tool now offers:
– A new and more powerful HTML editor that makes it easier to craft effective email messages.
– The ability to capitalize on Salesforce’s world-class report-building tools to create more relevant email campaigns.
– The ability to target and email multiple constituencies; for example, admissions offices can build and deploy messages to parents of prospective students as part of a broader communications strategy.
The new CRM event manager includes:
– Greater capability to manage recurring events, including the ability to modify the entire series or just one event in the series.
– The option to include a QR code to speed up event check-in.
– Improved guest management, allowing users to track and cap the number of guests.
– Automated email communication related to cancellations, waitlists, etc.
– The ability to manage multiple types of registration forms thanks to a more powerful form-builder.
“These and other enhancements were suggested by our clients and their colleagues in higher ed,” said Niles. “They told us, for example, that it would be great to have their staff use smartphones and tablets to check-in guests. So we made that happen — with the help of Salesforce’s commitment to a more mobile CRM.”
The connection with Salesforce offers a huge benefit to users of TargetX products, Niles said. “We’re delivering an environment that provides automatic upgrades to our clients, whether the developments come from us or from Salesforce.”
TargetX is a unique higher education company that offers both technology tools and consulting services to help colleges build relationships with their most important constituencies, including prospective students, current students, alumni and potential donors. Founded in 1998 on the belief that colleges need to change the way they communicate with prospects and their families, TargetX has been a leader in managing change in higher education and embracing the concept of the experience in higher-ed marketing.
To learn more, visit www.targetx.com
With over 100,000 customers, Salesforce.com is the world’s leading cloud computing company and is pioneering the shift to the “social enterprise,” which encourages organizations to embrace the social web and use it to connect with customers and prospects. TargetX chose to build its Enterprise CRM on the Force.com platform that powers the Salesforce CRM tool. Users can add to the capabilities of their TargetX system through more than a thousand add-on products via the Salesforce AppExchange.
For more information, visit www.salesforce.com
- CRM from TargetX Helps Southern Polytechnic Increase Number and Quality of Students - February 1, 2013
- TargetX Launches Newest Version of Its CRM Tool for Colleges - December 11, 2012
- TargetX Adds to the Growing List of Colleges that Rely on Its CRM for Student Recruitment - November 13, 2012