Interfolio to Launch First-of-its-Kind Online Promotion and Tenure Service for Higher Education Institutions
New ByCommittee Service Supports a Consistent Promotion and Tenure Process and Gives Senior Administrators Visibility Into Decisions
Washington, D.C., November 5, 2012 – Addressing the specific needs of higher education institutions, Interfolio, a trusted provider of higher education credential management and committee-based decision-making services, today announced it will launch a first-of-its-kind online Promotion and Tenure service within its ByCommittee platform in early 2013.
The new service supports a consistent and fair promotion and tenure process for higher education institutions, offering senior administrators more visibility into decisions while delivering a seamless and user-friendly experience for evaluating committees and potential candidates.
“Offering a remarkable user experience for the faculty, staff and executives that sit on review committees, ByCommittee’s Promotion and Tenure service will eliminate many of the manual and tedious administrative tasks from the process enabling more time for review,” said Steve Goldenberg, CEO of Interfolio. “The new service also ensures consistent and fair promotion and tenure practices for institutions, protecting materials and processes with iron-clad security measures.”
ByCommittee’s Promotion and Tenure service:
• Supports the committees’ abilities to adhere to institutional best practices, align with legal requirements, and maintain committee autonomy;
• Provides senior administrators insight into committees’ promotion and tenure decisions;
• Removes the burden of preparing and reviewing paper-based applications;
• Allows institutions to define their particular review requirements; and
• Protects candidate materials with advanced security and privacy mechanisms.
“Interfolio is in a unique position to serve higher education institutions because of our 13-year history of helping academic professionals meet their career goals,” added Goldenberg. “From academic applicant to committee member to senior administrator, we know the pain points of promotion and tenure initiatives and can help ensure a smooth and consistent decision-making process.”
ByCommittee is an online committee-based decision making service that helps higher education institutions recruit, evaluate and retain the most talented and diverse candidates. For more information, please visit http://communication.interfolio.com/byc.
Interfolio is a trusted provider of higher education credential management and committee-based decision-making services. Interfolio’s Dossier, ByCommittee and Letter Writer services help scholars manage the lifecycle of their academic and professional careers and enable institutions to select the most talented and diverse candidates. Supporting more than 300,000 scholars, Interfolio helps individuals manage their academic documents and confidential recommendation letters. Institutions use Interfolio to streamline the search and evaluation committee process while maintaining compliant candidate selection practices. For more information, please find Interfolio at www.interfolio.com and on Twitter at @interfolio.
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017