Tru-View Technology, Next-Generation Dynamic Web Content Filtering Searches Web Pages for Content and Context in Real Time
Boston, Mass., (October 11, 2012) — Bloxx, a leader in Web content filtering and email security, today announced a significant upgrade to its Bloxx Web Filter for North American markets. The Bloxx Web Filter with Bloxx Tru-View Technology is a next-generation dynamic filter that analyzes web content in real time compared with conventional filters that rely on static and fixed lists of known URLs.
New features of this release include faster performance with a new UBUNTU-powered platform; improved reporting tools including a real-time system and activity dashboard; and an SSL decryption engine to filter SSL traffic and provide protection against HTTPS content and malware.
The company also announced the North American availability of its Bloxx Secure Web Gateway for large enterprises. The gateway combines Bloxx’s dynamic real-time content analysis and classification engine, Tru-View Technology, with the company’s SSL proxy and a powerful Sophos anti-malware with Genotype threat-engine technology.
“Research from Google* tells us that several billion new web pages come online every day, making it impossible for URL-search-only filters to protect companies and schools from inappropriate or malicious content,” said Eamonn Doyle, president of Bloxx. “Tru-View Technology analyzes web content in real time, and blocks or grants access according to policy-based categories. It can even block proxy sites used to get around second- generation URL-based filter tools.”
Additional enhancements to the Bloxx Web Filter include:
– Radius Server authentication to maintain policy protections for wireless users
– YouTube Safe Search and YouTube for Schools integration support
– PostgreSQL for real-time updating of reports
– Remote filtering for iOS devices
– Improved scalability for larger deployments — new clustering capability which is scalable up to dozens of nodes
– Improved controls to allow more flexibility regarding blocking policies
Availability and Pricing
The new versions of the Bloxx Web Filter and Bloxx Secure Web Gateway are now available in a range of different configurations, from the 100W which supports up to 100 network devices, to the Impresa-7W which supports up to 10,000 network devices. The price for the Bloxx 100W Web Filter for three years, including the appliance, software, next-day hardware replacement, installation and unlimited technical support is $6,395. The Bloxx 1750S Secure Web Gateway with Sophos anti-malware, including the appliance, software, next-day hardware replacement, installation and unlimited technical support is $64,463.
Headquartered in Boston, Mass., with an international presence in the UK, Holland and Australia, Bloxx Inc. offers appliance-based Web and email filtering and security for medium and large organizations in both the business and public sectors. Bloxx has achieved significant sales growth year-on-year to become a leading Web filtering provider with an estimated 5 million+ users worldwide. For more information, visit www.bloxx.com.
In the UK: Carolyn Bowick, Bloxx
+44 (0) 1506 42976
In the U.S. Kim Novino, Bridgeman Communications
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017