RALEIGH, N.C., July 10, 2012 — WebAssign, the leading provider of powerful online instructional tools for college faculty and students now in its 15th year, has released its latest version of their Blackboard Building Block™.
WebAssign’s enhanced Version 2.0 provides new functionality to meet current users’ growing needs, and includes the ability:
• for LTI-compliant single sign-on
• to synchronize Blackboard course rosters to linked WebAssign courses
• to synchronize student grades from WebAssign directly to the Blackboard Gradebook
• to select a textbook when creating a WebAssign course created through Blackboard
• to create a linked WebAssign course from within Blackboard
“Our latest Building Block greatly enhances the experience for our users at Blackboard-adopting institutions,” said Mark Santee, director of marketing for WebAssign. “By eliminating the manual download of grades from WebAssign to be later uploaded into Blackboard, we’ve not only simplified the process but have saved faculty considerable time otherwise spent doing administrative tasks.”
The WebAssign integration announcement comes as Blackboard is hosting its BbWorld 2012 Conference this week in New Orleans.
For more about WebAssign, call (800) 955-8275 or visit www.webassign.net.
# # #
About WebAssign | http://www.webassign.net
WebAssign is the leading provider of powerful online instructional tools for faculty and students. Partnering with all major textbook publishers, WebAssign offers customizable pre-coded questions from a wide range of math and science textbooks along with easy-to-use tools that allow instructors create their own questions. To date, more than five million students have used WebAssign to submit over one billion answers to homework assignments, tests, and practice problems. In return, the students have received millions of pages of feedback on their work. During any one term, more than 500,000 students are using WebAssign at over 1,500 educational institutions worldwide. With more than 170 employees, WebAssign is one of the largest technology “startups” in RTP. Incubated on the North Carolina State University campus in 1997, WebAssign has a strong history of innovation, technology leadership and profitable growth. The private company is based on Centennial Campus in Raleigh, N.C.
Follow WebAssign on Twitter @WebAssign Find WebAssign on Facebook
# # #
Annie McQuaid, marketing manager, WebAssign
919.829.8181, x124 | direct
919.619.3221 | cell
Doug Thompson, Thompson Drake Public Relations
541.322.9345 | direct
541.419.4471 | cell
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017