NEW YORK, Dec. 10 – When H1N1 or other illnesses prevent school attendance, students, parents and teachers can now access a variety of McGraw-Hill Education’s free instructional resources on the web. The company’s new Continuity of Learning site complies with U.S. Department of Education Secretary Arne Duncan’s call to minimize disruptions to classroom teaching and learning in case of school closings or absenteeism caused by H1N1 and other situations.
"Every day, our McGraw-Hill partners with schools and school districts to produce comprehensive teaching and learning solutions preparing students for lifelong success," said Bill Oldsey, executive vice president of McGraw-Hill Education. "We’re very proud to enhance those solutions by offering a variety of digital resources that facilitate teaching and learning well beyond the boundaries of the physical classroom."
Available at www.mhsegsolutions.com/continuity, this McGraw-Hill Education website includes access to digital components of McGraw-Hill Education’s leading PreK-12 instructional programs and resources, including:
- The Math Connects Web Portal: Math Connects is a research-based, balanced Grades PreK-6 mathematics program with both print and digital instructional tools that help all students learn math concepts and problem solving.
- The Treasures Web Portal: Treasures provides Grades K-6 students with balanced instruction using high-quality, engaging fiction and nonfiction literature. Research-based, proven strategies and routines give teachers the tools they need to help students succeed in reading and writing. Diagnostic and assessment tools along with leveled materials aid teachers in addressing the needs of all students.
- Media Library: This resource allows students and teachers to expand their knowledge by providing high-quality multimedia assets for study at home or on the go. View the samples or select your State, Level, Subject and Book to navigate to your textbook resources.
- Passkey: This modular diagnostic and prescriptive software program for self-paced instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies is ideal for curriculum supplementation, preparation for standardized tests, at-risk students, and elementary through adult education.
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), is a leading global provider of print and digital instructional, assessment and reference solutions that empower professionals and students of all ages. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages. Additional information is available at MHEducation.com.
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017