WASHINGTON, D.C. – SMARTHINKING, Inc. (www.smarthinking.com), the market leader in products and services to bolster student performance, persistence and retention, has announced that Sudeep Dharan has been appointed as the firm’s new chief technology officer. Dharan is charged with managing the company’s software development and IT operations.
As a member of the executive team, Dharan will manage the firm’s strategy for technological growth and advancement. Specific responsibilities include providing the technology vision and organizational leadership; working with the business teams to define, document and manage the product development growth and expansion; leading the product architecture and design; growing the software development and quality assurance organizations; and positioning the company’s technology to support continued growth.
“As SMARTHINKING experiences continued growth it is imperative that our technology evolves to support that growth,” said Kathy Clark, CEO of SMARTHINKING. “Sudeep has the extensive technology expertise and knowledge to lead that initiative and not only develop our product but also our technology team so that we can continue to provide the best possible service to our clients.”
“I am pleased to join the SMARTHINKING team,” said Dharan. “Independent research has determined that SMARTHINKING’s online tutoring services increase student achievement and assist in improving student retention. I look forward to building and growing that technology so that we can maintain our leadership role in the industry to continue to support this dynamic level of growth in student usage.”
– Prior to joining SMARTHINKING, Dharan served as senior vice president of product development and services for Intelliworks, an educational CRM company in Rockville, Md., where he was responsible for product strategy, development and support.
– Before his time at Intelliworks, Dharan led the release of TRADOS’ largest enterprise solution and managed several customer and regulatory audits.
– In addition, Dharan has led the product development, quality assurance and product management organizations at Legato Systems (NYSE: EMC) and spent 11 years in various management capacities worldwide at Informix Software (NYSE: IBM).
– A native of Singapore, Dharan earned both a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in computer science from Kansas State University located in Manhattan, Kan.
– During the last year, 102 educational institutions representing 30 states and three international locations, including New South Wales, Western Australia and the first ever in Canada, joined with SMARTHINKING to provide their students with 24/7 online tutoring and academic support.
– Independent research has determined that SMARTHINKING’s online tutoring services increase student achievement and assist in improving student retention.
-More than 1,000 universities, colleges and schools turn to SMARTHINKING for on-demand, online tutoring.
SMARTHINKING is the market leader in providing online tutoring and academic support to students. Its services were honored with the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE award for Best Instruction Solution for Students at Home. Schools, colleges, universities, libraries, government agencies, textbook publishers and other education providers partner with SMARTHINKING to increase student achievement and enhance learning. SMARTHINKING connects students to e-structor®-certified tutors for assistance in math, writing, science and business, up to 24/7, on any Internet connected computer. SMARTHINKING’s corporate office is located in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.smarthinking.com.
MMI Public Relations
Latest posts by eSchool News (see all)