Oracle Announces General Availability of PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM for Higher Education 9.1
New Enhancements Designed to Help Higher Education Institutions Manage Constituent Relationships Throughout the Entire Lifecycle
Redwood Shores, Calif. – December 1, 2009
· Oracle announced the general availability of Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Release 9.1 for Higher Education, which includes significant new and enhanced capabilities to help higher education institutions better manage constituent relationships across the lifecycle.
· One of higher education institutions’ greatest challenges is establishing, strengthening and maintaining relationships with their constituents as roles and relationships evolve over time. PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education combines Oracle’s enterprise CRM system with higher education-specific functionality to provide institutions with tools to establish contact, generate interest and strengthen relationships during the recruiting process, while providing students with a personalized experience as they move through the lifecycle from prospect to enrolled student to graduate and lifelong learner.
· PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education provides institutions with a 360-degree view of the constituent across the entire lifecycle and delivers out-of-the-box integration with PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions 9.0.
· The new application includes enhancements to help institutions maximize their recruiting effectiveness and increase conversion rates. By using this application as the recruiting system of record, institutions can capture a prospect’s academic interests and use that information to target recruiting communications and events. PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education also helps enable high touch one-to-one recruiting with tailored prospect and inquiry management processes, producing a higher number of more qualified candidates applying to the institution.
· The integration between the CRM application and PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions provides institutions with near real-time visibility into an individual’s constituent lifecycle status, ensuring that the institution delivers the right message and the right type of service. For example, institutions can improve retention and reduce time to graduation by identifying students with risk indicators like a drop in grades or a change in financial situation and targeting them with proactive, personalized retention programs. The integration between the systems also enables staff to complete end-to-end business processes without straddling two systems.
· PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education also offers a new Event Management module to help institutions plan and execute a variety of virtual and in-person events. Features include support for online event registration, wait-listing, early bird pricing and credit card integration. It is designed to help institutions reduce event support costs, deliver accurate and timely responses to participants, as well as measure event success and drive follow-up actions.
· The latest version also offers a new Service Center for Higher Education module that can serve as a single constituent contact center for both IT and general campus issue resolution. It leverages a strong multi-channel contact foundation and a powerful workflow engine for rapid, consistent inquiry resolution. Most importantly, the service center is embedded with relevant, up-to-date constituent information from PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, enabling agents to better understand the constituent, anticipate his or her service needs and resolve issues quickly.
· "Even as the number of returning students and lifelong learners grows, global competition for students has also increased, making the recruiting and retention of students all the more important. Oracle has designed PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education to help institutions meet those challenges by delivering a 360-degree view of the constituent throughout the entire lifecycle, all through solid, out-of-the-box integration with PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions," said Curtiss Barnes, vice president, industry strategy, Oracle Higher Education.
· “Key to realizing the most value from CRM in higher education is the ability to view and manage the entire relationship lifecycle as an individual relationship progresses from first contact through alumni status. Oracle understands this means a deep integration between the CRM solution and the student system. PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education strengthens the value of Oracle’s enterprise CRM solution with even more higher education-specific functionality made possible through integration with the PeopleSoft student system. This product will significantly improve higher education institutions’ abilities to manage the complex and fluid nature of relationships with recruits, students, faculty, staff and alumni,” said Nicole Engelbert, practice leader, technology industries, Ovum.
· "It can be challenging to provide academic support in a large, decentralized campus with a burgeoning student population. We expect that using PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM for Higher Education 9.1 will assist Ryerson University to provide a virtual one-stop academic support solution that will reduce the anxiety, frustration and stress levels of students. CRM also has the potential to provide efficiency benefits to academic support staff in the management of their responsibilities," said Ryerson University Associate University Registrar, Ken Scullion.
· “Retention and time-to-graduation are critical components at the University of Central Florida to successfully serve our student population. It has always been a challenge to identify the early warning signs of a student who might be having trouble. We are looking forward to the new release of PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education to provide us immediate and accurate visibility into problem indicators, and to generate appropriate communications and actions to reach out to the student and alert advisors if in-person measures are required,” said Elizabeth Hale, director enterprise application development, University of Central Florida Computer Services.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #