STUDENTS FROM TAMPA TO TORONTO COMPETE, ROCK STAR-STYLE, FOR CLASSROOM MAKEOVERS FEATURING MORE THAN $90,000 IN CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY
— Winners of 3rd Annual Video Contest to Receive Interactive Products from eInstruction, Dell, 3M, Texas Instruments and Other Education Technology Companies —
DENTON, TX (September 29, 2009) – eInstruction, a premier global provider of learning technology, today announced details of its third annual Classroom Makeover Video Contest. The competition, open to primary and secondary students and teachers in the United States and Canada, invites entrants to submit short, creative music videos demonstrating how they would use advanced technology to enhance their learning experience in the classroom. The 2008 video contest drew nearly 300 entries from around the world and more than one million people logged on to review submissions and vote for their favorite videos.
Entries for the 2009 Classroom Makeover Contest may be submitted via the official contest website, www.eimakeover.com, beginning at noon Eastern time on September 29. Videos will be judged based on effective use of technology, portrayal of teachers and students working together and overall creativity and spirit. The contest closes at noon Eastern time on November 10. On November 17, five finalists in each grade category (Kindergarten through fifth grade; sixth grade through eighth grade; and ninth grade through 12th grade) will be selected and users will be welcomed to vote for the best submissions through noon Eastern time on December 4. One grand prize winner will be announced for each grade category on or around December 18.
Each winner will receive a complete interactive classroom makeover with advanced interactive technology, including:
· InterwriteMobi™ System – A mobile version of the popular interactive whiteboard, Mobi is the industry’s first and only multi-user, multi-tablet system that enables both teacher and students to concurrently interact with and contribute to the same digital content from anywhere in the classroom. Also a first, Mobi’s built-in color LCD display reports student responses instantly, making it easy for teachers to identify students who need special attention or topics that require re-teaching.
· Interwrite® DualBoard – The first interactive whiteboard that allows two people or teams to work at the board simultaneously using two interactive pens.
· CPSPulse™ – the most advanced version of the market-leading Classroom Performance System used by millions of students and teachers around the world.
· ExamView® Assessment Suite – Featuring Test Generator, Test Manager and Test Player, making it easy for teachers to create, administer and manage both formative and summative assessments.
· ExamView® Learning Series – A collection of more than 12,000 unique, high-quality, grade-appropriate questions specifically aligned to state standards and core curriculum topics in language arts, math, reading, science and social studies. The Learning Series works together with the Assessment Suite to help teachers review, reinforce and supplement standards-based instruction.
· Dell Latitude 2100 Netbooks – A lightweight, mobile computer that gives modern classrooms a new gateway to discovery and collaboration. The Netbook features an exclusive Network Activity Light, enabling teachers to monitor network activity and identify students who might be focusing on something other than the assignment at hand.
· 3M Super Close Projection System – DLP projector with 3M™ Vikuiti™ Super Close Projection technology that can project the same image from 40 inches as a conventional projector does from 10 feet away.
· SP Control System – Simple, intuitive control systems with modular pass-through input patch points.
· Fablevision Live Wire School Bundle – Helps teachers transform the learning environment and integrate writing, creativity and self-expression across the curriculum.
· Study Island programs – Online standards-based learning programs designed specifically to help students master the skills and knowledge described in each state’s unique set of standards.
· Texas Instruments TI-34MV (grades K-5 winners) and TI-73 (grades 6-8 winners) Calculator Emulator – Software that projects an interactive representation of a scientific calculator and features unique instructional capabilities.
· Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Teacher Edition Emulator (grades 9-12 winners) – Software component for teachers that enables enhanced document editing to create materials for students using handheld calculators.
· Inspiration Inspiration® Software (grades 6-8 and grades 9-12 winners) – visual thinking and learning tools students rely on to plan, research and complete projects successfully.
· Inspiration Kidspiration® Software (grades K-5 winners) – software that develops thinking, literacy and numeracy skills using proven visual learning principles.
· eTap Campus License and Workspace Lessons – eTap’s curriculum includes instruction, practice exercises, and assessments, as well as audio/video tutorials and links to interactive activities to make learning motivating and engaging.
· Professional Development Package – a day-long program designed to introduce teachers and students to their new technology.
The complete eInstruction Classroom Makeover is valued at approximately $30,000. In addition to the classroom technology, winners will receive a $1,000 cash prize and a celebratory party for the entire school.
Videos must be submitted by teachers and placed in the appropriate grade categories. eInstruction must be mentioned once within the lyrics of the song and each video must direct viewers to www.eimakeover.com to vote. For complete rules and guidelines for participating in the eInstruction Classroom Makeover Video Contest, visit www.eimakeover.com.
eInstruction is a leading education technology company dedicated to providing interactive teaching and learning technology and services that help educators drive academic progress every day, and give administrators the ability to monitor, aggregate, and analyze student performance data. The company offers educators and administrators a family of software, student response systems, interactive whiteboards, wireless interactive tablets, and powerful enterprise-based administrator tools.
eInstruction’s research-based solutions have been shown to increase student engagement and achievement while providing real-time feedback and performance data to educators and administrators.
Millions of students, teachers, and professors use eInstruction® technology in 500,000 K-12 classrooms and more than 1,000 higher education institutions around the world. Available in more than 40 languages, eInstruction® technology is enhancing education in over 90 countries worldwide.
eInstruction has offices in Denton, TX; Columbia, MD; Scottsdale, AZ; Cincinnati, OH; and Paris, France.
To learn more about eInstruction, please visit http://www.einstruction.com. email@example.com. For media inquiries, please contact Lori Russo at Stanton Communications at (410) 727-6855 or
Latest posts by eSchool News (see all)
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017