CARY, N.C. (September 28, 2009) — SchoolDude.com, the nation’s leading provider of on-demand software designed exclusively for educational facility, technology and business operations, announced today that it has been named the latest winner of the Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Awards program, which is aimed at promoting the measurable business benefits delivered by today’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions.
“Today’s economy has had a particularly detrimental effect on public and private education institutions. SchoolDude.com’s SaaS solutions are clearly helping these institutions achieve their objectives in a more cost-effective fashion," said Jeffrey Kaplan, the founder of the SaaS Showplace and managing director of THINKstrategies, Inc., a leading consulting firm.
SchoolDude is being recognized for its suite of on-demand operations management tools that helps school districts, private schools, colleges and universities save money and time by managing their IT, facilities and business operations more efficiently. This suite includes solutions for preventive maintenance, facility work order management, inventory management, IT incident and IT asset management, community use, field trip scheduling, capital planning, and utility use tracking and analysis.
With more than 4,100 clients, SchoolDude has helped numerous educational institutions achieve measurable benefits, including:
· St. Lucie County School District, Fla.
- Saved approximately $204,000 per month on utility expenditures
- Avoided spending nearly $2,000,000, or 19 percent of utility budget, over nine months
· South Lyon Community Schools, Mich.
- 150 percent improvement in work order completions/week
- Reduced time to complete work orders from 1-2 weeks to a single day
- 3x productivity gain in the maintenance and operations department
- “On-time completion” rate is now 85 percent
· University of South Carolina
- Achieved15 percent utility cost savings
- Discovered $82,979.68 in errors and overbilling by utility company
· Brick Township Public Schools, N.J.
- Increased IT help desk efficiency to save the equivalent of up to two technician salaries, or approximately $72,000, without compromising service
“SchoolDude’s online IT incident management system, ITDirect, allows us to better manage first-level tech support so that now, instead of being reactive to every fax or phone call, we can work out a fixed maintenance schedule that is reliable and predictable,” said Len Niebo, director of information and instructional technologies at Brick Township Public Schools in New Jersey. “This could never happen prior to ITDirect. I would quantify this with us having the ability to not staff an extra full-time helpdesk technician, maybe two.”
It is for quantifiable reasons such as these that SchoolDude has been named a Best of SaaS Showplace Award winner in the education market category. A full description of SchoolDude’s winning submission can be found at http://www.saas-showplace.com/awardSummary.php?key=1227. Executives at SchoolDude were especially pleased to accept this award, as it reflects the SchoolDude mission.
Lee Prevost, SchoolDude president and co-founder, said, “We are honored to be recognized by THINKstrategies and the SaaS Showplace for the tangible savings that our products provide to the public and private schools and universities that we serve. SchoolDude started with a mission to save schools $1 billion in operating costs by 2010. We have already well surpassed that goal, and we firmly believe that, when coupled with good leadership and management processes, SaaS technology can help solve some of the budget and staffing challenges plaguing America’s educational institutions.”
With more than 4,100 clients, SchoolDude is the nation’s leading provider of on-demand operations management solutions designed exclusively for the unique needs of educational professionals. SchoolDude’s online tools for facilities, IT and business operations management are easy-to-use, affordable solutions that are designed to help both small and large educational institutions save money, increase efficiency and improve services. For more information about SchoolDude, visit www.schooldude.com.
About the Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Awards
The BoSS Award program is an ongoing initiative to identify and promote SaaS, and “cloud computing,” companies offering on-demand solutions that are generating measurable business benefits for their customers. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Showplace is a service of THINKstrategies, Inc. The SaaS Showplace is now the largest and highest ranked, vendor-independent, online directory and resource center of industry best practices in the SaaS market. For more information, go to www.saas-showplace.com.
Latest posts by eSchool News (see all)
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017