FREMONT, Calif. – Aug. 19, 2009 – eTouch SamePage, a dynamic enterprise wiki, today announced it has published a case study based on the evaluation of knowledge-management technologies by the Student Affairs Information & Technology Services (SAITS) within the Division of Student Affairs at California State Polytechnic University Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona).
- SAITS evaluated a number of technology options for its knowledge management needs, including Microsoft Word, CMS systems and open-source wikis.
- Word documents and CMS systems are not the answer for dynamic content management and collaboration, where there is a need for multiple contributors, interconnected and searchable content; as well as both public and private access to information.
- The SAITS evaluation team determined that wikis, by their very nature, offer a collaborative environment to build content, as well as supporting the critical search, linking and information accessibility that were key elements in compiling and sharing the department’s knowledge.
- One member of the SAITS team had the wiki up and running in 24 hours. No team training was necessary.
SamePage is a product of eTouch Systems, a leading provider of enterprise-class wiki solutions and consulting services that leverage technology solutions and help organizations share their collective knowledge, insights and creativity. SamePage is a scalable and dynamic wiki that enables its users to improve collaboration, save money and streamline decision making in a secure, well-supported environment. SamePage is used by medium and large enterprises around the world, including Alcatel-Lucent, NASA, Citrix, Hestia, Teradyne, Siemens, NY State Unified Court System and ADP, as well as by strategic partners, such as Cisco/WebEx and Salesforce.com. For more information, visit http://www.etouch.net.
eTouch SamePage Media Contact:
eTouch SamePage Marketing Contact:
+1 510-795-4800 x 111
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017