NOTTINGHAM, UK & NASHUA, NH – August 3, 2009 – Serif, a leading independent design, publishing and creative software developer, today released a significant upgrade to its award-winning desktop publishing software PagePlus X4, which offers the perfect blend of powerful creative design, professional results and affordability, making high-end desktop publishing capabilities more attainable for small businesses, professionals and home-users than ever before.
PagePlus X4 continues to offer its hallmark feature-set including thousands of professional templates and the specialized Cutout and Logo studios, which make professional-quality results quick and easy. Advanced features such as the new learning zone, integrated photo editing capabilities, new sophisticated graphics tools, industry standard file compatibility and added easy-to-use tools to enhance productivity; extend PagePlus’ lead over similarly priced rivals.
“PagePlus X4 is a very exciting release for us, as it makes professional desktop publishing software even more accessible for all levels of user,” said Gary Bates, Serif’s Managing Director. “As always we have listened to the requests of our knowledgeable customers and, with advanced productivity, even more industry-standard file compatibility and powerful graphics features, have delivered a significant upgrade that will be appreciated by new and existing users alike.”
Key new features and benefits include:
· Innovative Learning Zone – Quick and easy access to printable or video tutorials, Serif support and the vibrant user community.
- Integrated Photo Editing – PhotoLab puts more than 70 professional photo adjustments and artistic effects at the user’s fingertips, along with quick fix options like one-touch red-eye removal, blemish removal or masking capabilities
- Additional Industry-standard File Compatibility – Import MS Word documents and OpenOffice.org ODF files. Import text and pictures from Microsoft Word 2007 documents
- Anchored Objects – Maintain a picture or drawing’s position relative to specific text, a column, frame, margin or page whilst remaining fully editable
- High Impact Graphics Tools – Joining and cutting shapes to create eye catching illustrations such as logos can now be achieved directly within PagePlus
- Photo-quality Frames and Borders – Drag ‘n’ drop photo realistic frames and borders into documents and resize without losing quality
Additional productivity enhancements include improvements to PDF® import enabling even more advanced PDF editing, an enhanced resource manager which makes it easier than ever to stay in control of long documents, dynamic guides for quick-snap alignment of objects on a page, tabbed workspace for quickly switching between publications and a redesigned Startup Wizard which makes viewing templates and selecting design themes simple.
Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus™, PhotoPlus™, DrawPlus™, WebPlus™, AlbumPlus™, MoviePlus™, PanoramaPlus™ and Digital Scrapbook Artist™ and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now with over 6 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 200 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK and its North American sales operation in New Hampshire, US.