SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (July 23, 2009) – Califone International, Inc., has partnered with Twin Sisters Productions, LLC, the leader in children’s educational music, to provide educators, reading specialists, speech pathologists, and students with access to award-winning children’s songs by preloading them on the Califone MP3 Player. The material will be available for purchase of an individual MP3 player (#8101TS) or as part of a four-person learning center (#8104TS).
"Our MP3 Player can be used across grade levels and throughout the curriculum," said Roscoe Anthony, President of Califone International, Inc. "By preloading these wonderful children’s albums, we are helping to save elementary teachers time, while encouraging the use of music and rhythm to help teach language learning concepts and engage students. At the same time, we want to demonstrate to teachers who haven’t yet downloaded audio content onto an MP3 player just how easy it is to utilize this technology. Since there is a built-in microphone on our MP3 player, students also can record their own responses to the modeled material."
"Classroom teachers know that one of the best ways to engage younger students is to include music and rhythm. Our albums do just that – allow educators to utilize fun and interactive songs to teach vocal skills and encourage further exploration," said Karen Hilderbrand, CEO of Twin Sisters Productions. "The Califone MP3 Player is the ideal method of delivery for our songs when used in small group or individual learning activities."
Four albums will be included on the Califone MP3 Player:
– Phonics: This album includes award-winning songs that teach initial consonant sounds. Students hear letter sounds in a catchy rhythm, and then repeat words that have that initial consonant sound. In the review section, children say the letter sound after being prompted. This content is appropriate for ages 4-7.
– Speechercise: Through a musical workout, students warm up with silly yet important basic mouth movements. Songs and drills focus on basic vowel and consonant sounds, complex vowel-consonant transitions, and advanced word level strings. Silly song tongue twisters end the practice workout. Developed in conjunction with a nationally certified Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP), this album for ages 3-6 and older helps children who may mispronounce a sound in certain words, yet pronounce it clearly in other words.
– 30 Nursery Rhyme Songs: Students can learn to sing 30 of their favorite nursery rhymes. This new collection is ideal for toddlers, preschoolers and young children.
– Oceans: Students will learn about whales, sea turtles and ocean life. An example track is “When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Marine Biologist.” Best for ages 4-9.
The easy-to-use MP3 Player features dual headphone jacks and a built in mic – both industry firsts – making it ideal for learning centers, language labs and libraries. The company’s teacher-tested 8100-HP headphone is included with the MP3 Player, which is made of rugged ABS plastic for durability and classroom safety.
To order, contact a Califone dealer. For more information on the full line of Califone products designed for the education market, and safe for school and library use, call 1-800-722-0500, or visit www.califone.com to view and download the entire Califone catalog.
About Twin Sisters Productions
For over 22 years, Twin Sisters Productions has been dedicated to producing quality educational and inspirational music resources for children, families, and educators. Founded by fraternal twins, Karen Mitzo Hilderbrand and Kim Mitzo Thompson, Twin Sisters Productions has continued to expand its product line to include CDs, read and sing-along books, floor puzzles, and educational workbooks, all with the purpose of learning through music. These products have received over 150 awards for educational excellence and creativity as well as classroom and family fun, thus reflecting Twin Sisters Productions’ commitment to producing educational audio of the highest quality and value. These awards include nine RIAA (Record Industry Association of America) certified Gold albums and one Platinum album. With thousands of songs that teach and over 26 million albums sold, Twin Sisters Productions positions itself as the leader in children’s educational music.
Califone was founded in 1947 and continues to be a leader in the design, development and manufacturing of audiovisual and supplemental curriculum products for use in education, libraries, presentation and professional markets. The company offers a complete line of audio solutions, wireless systems and multimedia products for small, medium and large presentation needs. Califone serves millions of educators and children in the PreK through higher education school environments, and has expanded to serve business and industry, houses of worship, parks and recreation, and other presentation markets as well.
# # #
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017