CTB/McGraw-Hill AWARDED PHILADELPHIA BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT SYSTEM Contract
Acuity InFormative Assessment Selected for 280 Philadelphia Schools
Monterey, CA — July 14, 2009 — CTB/McGraw-Hill, a leader in K-12 and adult education, today announced that the Company has been awarded the School District of Philadelphia’s Benchmark Assessment Program contract. Under the contract, Acuity-, the company’s comprehensive InFormative Assessment solution, will be the benchmark assessment for 280 Philadelphia schools, serving approximately 200,000 K-12 students in the 2009/2010 school year.
Winner of the 2009 CODiE award for Best Student Assessment Solution, Acuity is a groundbreaking online assessment system that helps teachers gauge student performance and deliver targeted classroom instruction. Acuity generates data that allows Philadelphia educators to more precisely target their instructional efforts to areas that are most in need, at the student- and classroom-level. Acuity includes Diagnostic Assessments that are aligned to the scope and sequence of the school district pacing calendar, as well as Predictive Assessments aligned with the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA).
Acuity will support the District’s goals through assessment, reporting, and data-driven instruction, by providing:
- a robust, intuitive and scaleable solution administered online, paper/pencil, and using student response devices
- items and tests developed according to rigorous criteria and backed by empirical research studies that verify their technical quality
- research that validates diagnostic and predictive reporting of student performance aligned to both the School District of Philadelphia pacing guides and PSSA standards
- integration with SchoolNet, the District’s instructional management system
- comprehensive professional development to garner educator buy-in and provide data analysis training using the DataWise process
- a veteran program management team with experience and proven processes for implementing large scale assessment programs
"We are pleased that the School District of Philadelphia has selected Acuity as their student assessment solution," said Ellen Haley, president of CTB/McGraw-Hill. "Schools around the country have discovered that Acuity is a leap forward in assessment, saving teachers time and providing individualized data for developing personalized, targeted instruction. With Acuity, educators are able to make real improvements in student achievement."
Acuity heralds a new generation of assessment programs that are changing the way educators perceive and use student information to drive instruction. Acuity contains four elements of a comprehensive InFormative Assessment system: ongoing measurement opportunities, in-depth reporting, analysis of performance data, and resources for targeted instruction. To help educators harness the full power of Acuity, CTB also offers professional development, implementation, and support services. For an interactive product demonstration, visit www.AcuityforSchool.com or call 800.538.9547 to schedule a live presentation.
As the nation’s leading publisher of standardized and standards-based achievement tests for pre-school, elementary, middle, high school, and adult education, CTB/McGraw-Hill LLC offers a broad range of assessments, software and services. CTB/McGraw-Hill LLC is part of McGraw-Hill Education (MHE), a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP). MHE is a leading global provider of print and digital instructional, assessment and reference solutions that empower professionals and students of all ages. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages. Additional information is available at www.CTB.com.
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017