FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kati Elliott Jaime Schepici
KEH Communications Curriculum Associates
The New ‘BRIGANCE® Head Start System’ Is Now Available
Washington, DC, June 28, 2009 – Curriculum Associates’ new BRIGANCE Head Start System, launched at the Head Start National Association Conference this spring, is now available. Tailored specifically to meet the needs of Head Start programs, the system is designed to prepare every child for school success by providing quick and easy screening, developmentally appropriate activities, and ongoing assessment and monitoring of student skills.
Meeting the requirements for standardized screening, the BRIGANCE Head Start System provides comprehensive screening of developmental domains, including communication, motor, and academic/pre-academic skills, and provides ongoing assessments of the Head Start Child Outcomes Framework domains.
The BRIGANCE Head Start System comes packaged in a variety of kit configurations and includes:
- BRIGANCE Head Start Screens—Screens are valid, reliable, and standardized and take just 10–15 minutes per child. They are available for Head Start (ages 3, 4, 5) and Early Head Start (ages infant to 35 months).
- BRIGANCE Head Start Developmental Inventory—Correlated to Head Start and Early Head Start Screens, this inventory provides ongoing assessment organized by Head Start domain and gives teachers an in-depth understanding of a child’s skills, enabling them to plan appropriate, individualized instruction and measure progress.
- BRIGANCE Readiness Activities—Correlated to the Developmental Inventory, these research-based activities enable teachers to link assessment to developmentally appropriate instruction.
- BRIGANCE Head Start Online Management System—This easy-to-use system tracks student, class, and program data and generates teacher, parent, and administrator reports. In addition, based on BRIGANCE Screen and Developmental Inventory results, it automatically recommends individualized next steps, including appropriate instructional activities and school-home connections.
Each BRIGANCE system comes with 24/7 online training, and optional live workshops for fast and easy implementation.
Pricing and Availability
The entire integrated Head Start System 3-year subscription is available for a special introductory price of $999 (for up to 20 children) until July 31, 2009. Additional specially-priced kits are available. For complete details visit www.Brigance.com/HEADSTART.
About Curriculum Associates
Founded in 1969, privately-owned Curriculum Associates, is dedicated to designing research-based instructional materials, screens and assessments, and data management tools. The company’s products and outstanding customer services provide teachers and administrators with the resources necessary for teaching a diverse student population and fostering learning for all students. For company and product information visit Curriculum Associates on the Web at CurriculumAssociates.com or call 1-800-225-0248.
# # #
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017