FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kati Elliott Jaime Schepici
KEH Communications Curriculum Associates
410-975-9638 1-800-225-0248, ext. 270
‘BRIGANCE® Early Childhood System’ Helps Ensure Student Readiness for Kindergarten
Washington, DC, June 28, 2009 – Curriculum Associates’ new BRIGANCE Early Childhood System helps in identifying preschool children’s developmental strengths and weaknesses. Understanding these concerns ensures that those in need can be given appropriate interventions early on in their academic careers.
The BRIGANCE Early Childhood System provides quick and easy screening which includes key assessments that have been standardized on representative samples of thousands of children nationwide. Also, an ongoing assessment of student skills help determine each child’s specific needs, target instruction, and monitors progress.
The BRIGANCE Early Childhood System provides an integrated solution to support Title I funding aimed at strengthening early childhood programs. The system aligns to state early learning standards and outcomes, helps meet monitoring and screening requirements, and complies with IDEA by sampling all developmental domains.
The BRIGANCE Early Childhood System comes packaged in a variety of kit configurations and includes:
- BRIGANCE Early Childhood Screens—Screens quickly and easily identify potential learning delays, giftedness, and strengths and weaknesses in language, motor, self-help, social-emotional, and cognitive skills for ages 0–35 months, 3–5 years, and grades K–1.
- BRIGANCE Early Childhood Developmental Inventory—The Developmental Inventory provides flexible, valid, and reliable ongoing assessment of Kindergarten-readiness skills for ages birth through 6 years. The Developmental Inventory enables teachers to plan developmentally appropriate, individualized instruction for all children, including those with IEPs.
- BRIGANCE Readiness Activities—Correlated to the Screens and Inventory, these research-based activities enable teachers to link assessment to developmentally appropriate instruction.
- BRIGANCE Online Management System—This easy-to-access system guides administrators and teachers step by step through each process, ensuring consistent and accurate data and reports. In addition, based on BRIGANCE Screens and Developmental Inventory results, it automatically recommends individualized next steps, including appropriate instructional activities and school-home connections.
Each BRIGANCE system comes with 24/7 online training, and optional live workshops for fast and easy implementation.
The BRIGANCE Early Childhood Screens are now available. The Complete Assessment Kit, the BRIGANCE Early Childhood Developmental Inventory, as well as the BRIGANCE Early Childhood System are currently available. The BRIGANCE Online Management System will be available as of mid-July. The BRIGANCE Readiness Activities will be available at the end of summer 2009. An entire integrated Early Childhood System 3-year subscription is available for a special introductory price of $999 (for up to 20 children) until July 31, 2009. Additional specially-priced kits are available. For complete details visit www.Brigance.com.
About Curriculum Associates
Founded in 1969, privately-owned Curriculum Associates, is dedicated to designing research-based instructional materials, screens and assessments, and data management tools. The company’s products and outstanding customer services provide teachers and administrators with the resources necessary for teaching a diverse student population and fostering learning for all students. For company and product information visit Curriculum Associates on the Web at CAinc.com or call 1-800-225-0248.
# # #
Latest posts by eSchool News (see all)
- Top trends: Improve graduation rates and retention - August 8, 2019
- Learn how this university adopted a successful data-driven strategy for inclusive learning - June 17, 2019
- Stunning: 56 percent of institutions will struggle to meet recruitment targets due to visa, travel restrictions - September 29, 2017