Date: Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm EST / 11:00am PST
Duration: 1 hour
Seven years into a system-wide sustainability initiative, Arizona State University (ASU) is on track to become completely carbon neutral by the year 2025. And it’s not just the environmental impact that’s being saved—ASU also has reduced costs related to document output by more than $2 million a year.
Join us for an engaging and informative webinar on Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. EST, in which eCampus News Managing Editor Denny Carter will lead a discussion with ASU’s Sam Wheeler and Canon’s Dennis Amorosano as they reveal the keys to the university’s success.
In this free, one-hour event, you’ll learn…
• How ASU and Canon collaborated to help the university realize its vision to create a Sustainable Digital University which has helped slash costs and simplified the management of print devices across campus.
• How ASU and Canon implemented its “Print Anywhere” program making it easy for students and faculty to use multifunctional (all-in-one) print, copy, and scan devices located around campus.
• How ASU was able to reduce its number of printers by 32 percent, cutting down on the use of paper by 48 percent—and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 500 metric tons per year.
• How ASU was able to overcome initial concerns and gain the support of professors, students, and other campus stakeholders for this initiative.
• How ASU is at least 60 percent toward its goal of complete carbon neutrality by 2025, and what steps the university will take going forward to achieve this goal.
Solutions Marketing & Professional Services
Business Imaging Solutions Group
CANON U.S.A, INC.
Dennis Amorosano is currently Senior Director, Solutions Marketing, having joined Canon in 1994; playing a key role in bringing the industry’s first networked digital multifunction system to market. During nearly 20 years at Canon, Mr. Amorosano has held numerous positions across Imaging Solutions Group business units including leading product marketing for imageRUNNER, imagePRESS, Image Filing Systems and software solutions. In addition, Mr. Amorosano has led Canon’s National Account organization, Solutions Business Development Division and was responsible for the establishment of Canon’s current Industry and Alliance Marketing operations. In his current capacity, Mr. Amorosano oversees the marketing activities of products that cross all BISG business units, with primary emphasis on Office and Production hardware and software solutions, and the management of Canon’s initiatives in the areas of industry, environmental, security, web and customer database marketing. In addition, Mr. Amorosano also holds responsibility for the management and development of Canon’s Professional Services organization housed within Canon Information and Imaging Solutions.
Mr. Amorosano is a frequent contributor to publications following the office equipment industry along with mainstream media, offering insight on industry trends, and the role of networked digital technology with respect to workflow and information management. Mr. Amorosano is also a frequent speaker at industry events.
Prior to joining Canon, Mr. Amorosano held account management positions within the computer industry at NCR Corporation, and AT&T Global Information Solutions.
Mr. Amorosano is a graduate of Siena College with a degree in Finance.
Executive Director of Auxiliary Business Services at Arizona State University
Sam Wheeler is the Executive Director of Auxiliary Business Services at Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. He joined ASU in March of 2005, after leaving his position as Assistant Vice President for University Services at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, where he had a career that spanned over 28 years.
Sam oversees Trademark Licensing, Parking and Transit, The University Club, Sun Devil Card Office, Karsten Golf course, Camp Tontozona, Sun Devil Bookstores and Digital Document Services (Canon Business Solutions).
Sam has a BS degree in Public Administration and a MS degree in Higher Education Administration both from Northern Arizona University.
[stream base=x:/ecampusnews.eschoolmedia.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/2013/11/ flv=canon.flv img=canon.jpg embed=false share=false width=450 height=253 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]