Disruptive pay-as-you-go platform with hundreds of video APIs enables tech and SaaS providers, developers and integrators to build and launch custom video products
Video technology provider Kaltura has launched the Kaltura Video Platform as a Service (VPaaS), a specialized cloud video service, enabling organizations to build and rapidly deploy any video application, workflow and experience.
Kaltura VPaaS lets SaaS providers, integrators, in-house teams in large organizations and developers everywhere to quickly add video capabilities and easily integrate video as a native data type into existing platforms and workflows by leveraging the Kaltura APIs, SDKs and developer tools for their specific needs.
Kaltura VPaaS is infrastructure-agnostic and is available immediately as a public, private or hybrid cloud deployment. Developers can get started right away by opening a developer account at https://vpaas.kaltura.com/. Kaltura is offering a disruptive Free Tier of $400 worth of services per month for the first year.
Kaltura VPaaS provides a comprehensive range of cloud video services and SDKs, and supports all devices, media workflows and applications. It is a highly flexible and integrated platform designed to enable deep workflow integrations and encourage strong viewer engagement. Users also benefit from having direct access to the Kaltura developer community and global network of certified Kaltura solution providers and tech partners.
“Video is a new data type. It is the biggest data asset in the cloud as measured by storage, bandwidth and computing resources. Until today there has not been a cloud offering that provides a self-service platform with elastic flexibility coupled with the end-to-end capabilities needed to handle video as a native asset — from ingestion through enrichment, delivery, analytics and experience — while allowing developers to easily tackle the challenges of dealing with video at scale, and tightly integrated within their systems,” said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Co-founder, Chairman and CEO. “With Kaltura VPaaS, customers as diverse as integrators, technology providers, SaaS companies, tech and media start-ups, media companies, telcos, retailers, insurance companies, and healthcare organizations can streamline and then accelerate their use of video quickly and cost-effectively using one single video platform that caters to all use cases.”
Kaltura VPaaS applies the same principles of and advantages of PaaS, specifically designed for handling video at scale, easily:
- Developer Experience First: VPaaS is API centric, adhering to the concepts of microservices, VPaaS allows for frictionless integration and automation through atomic cloud services, automatically updated SDKs, docs and developer tools to simplify prototyping and scaling of workflows without compromising flexibility to control and optimize.
- Worry-Free Scalability: With the infrastructure and platform layers taken care of, developers are left to focus on their core business and never worry about the pipes. All without compromising security and management simplicity — complete and seamless automation.
- Future Proof and Backward Compatible: The video industry is fast evolving, with VPaaS video is always delivered and played across formats, devices, standards and protocols. VPaaS also remains reliable to integrated applications across version upgrades, architecture changes or addition of new features. It enables you to build without having to consistently looking over your shoulder.
- One Platform, Multi-tenant: Shared management of many unrelated accounts on a single deployment, providing the tools to manage and white-label accounts, automate setup and configuration, all through API.
- Open and Platform Agnostic: Independent of the underlying operating system or infrastructure, VPaaS runs reliably on any cloud, encouraging extensibility and fostering standards while harnessing the power of community through collaboration, tools to share code recipes, best practices and quickly learn from practices across industries.
Yekutiel added: “There are thousands of companies who have already enjoyed Kaltura’s open API and SDKs in conjunction with Kaltura’s SaaS products. Today Kaltura is proud to announce the availability of its Platform APIs and SDKs as an independent offering.”